It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:08 pm

Post subject: 303 w/ ableton and interface?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:17 pm 

Just got a 303 and it's the first sampler I've ever used. I have pretty much been doing everything with it and its fine, but I want to get beats onto the computer and eventually maybe incorporate software stuff with the sampler as well. I have these Samson GT monitors with an audio interface and tried hooking it up. I set both the inputs and outputs in preferences to the studio monitors but can't figure out how to actually get the audio from the sampler playing into the DAW to record my beats. Can anyone give me some suggestions?

Post subject: Re: 303 w/ ableton and interface?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:19 pm 

Audio out from SP --> audio input(s) (left/right) on the interface

Then in ableton make sure on the audio track you're planning to record on is armed and the inputs are selected to receive the signal from the SP

I never used those monitors/interface, but I'd think it's not too far off from running like a standalone interface

bandcamp

Post subject: Re: 303 w/ ableton and interface?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:56 pm 

setup: sp-303, focusrite 2i2 interface, ableton live9.

record audio from laptop (3.5mm>Rca) into sp line in with interface disabled. make loops. ready to record. connect BOTH sp rca outputs directly into interface input (Rca to 1/4 in). make sure interface is enabled, and internal playback device is disabled. if the audio settings in ableton correctly set for your interface, arm the audio track. set input channel 1/2. I monitor straight from the sp with headphone jack if recording, but as long as the interface is enabled playback device and the monitors are connected to interface output(1/4in > Rca) the speakers should get audio