It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:03 pm

Post subject: How do YOU sync your samples?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:14 am 

So right now I am working with: A Roland GAIA SH-01, a Korg Volcabeats, a Yamaha digital piano, and an SP404sx. I run them all into a Behringer 20 channel mixer that has the mains going into my monitorz, and the tape out into an Tascam 8track recorder. Im trying to use this combination of equiptment to make samples and write songs on my SP404SX. The result is a chaotic unsynchronized mess of samples that start off on track, and then slowly turn into a rhythmic pasta dish.

I understand that there is probably no quick fix to this problem, but I figure that while I am endlessly fiddling with my plastic boxes, Id ask those more knowledgeable and experienced with their plastic boxes for some advice or words of wisdom.

Post subject: Re: How do YOU sync your samples?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:30 am 

In the past two hours Ive realized that Ive been, perhaps, thinking of the SP404SX in an abstract way carried over from what I thought about it from when I only dreamed of having it. Instead of thinking of each pad being a seperate track/sound... resampling multiple tracks into a pad... using seperate samples from my drum machine rather than whole patterns.

This is a very interesting instrument. I am still VERY interested in anything you all have to say.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:35 pm 

I dont know what kind of music you make... but it may be easier to get the sound you are looking for to sample yourself playing these things one at a time into the 404.. Read up in the manual about sampling and setting the bpm for the sample.. if you can keep eveything in the same bpm.. things should play nicely together.. its been a while since i have messed with a 404 so i dont have a ton of technical suggestions.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:32 am 

You can´t "sync" loops on the 404 by having them show the same BPM. They will drift, it even sais so in the manual. Only way to sync samples is to have the sequencer trigger them on time or have an external sequencer do that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:15 pm 

I've never relied on my 404 for sequencing... either DAW or MPC