It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:09 pm

Post subject: Seemless looping as pattern
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:57 am 

Reply with quote Edit post Report this post Delete post
Hi
Ive bought a 404 for live performance since I hate being behind a laptop. I got a feel for it then created a whole new set of music in Cubase all at the same tempo, with the intention of loading all the loop parts (ie. drums, sample, synth) then recording patterns so I can DJ my music as one long set.

Ive loaded them in and when I record a pattern there is always a tiny drop out or click at the end. Not huge but it's there and its driving me nuts. I quantise at quarter measures and since Im recording 4 bar sections I assume thats just hows its going to be no matter what. All my loops are zero point or whatever its called so no pops in the loop. My girlfriend says she barely notices but compared to say Ableton its there. Do I just have to accept it? Should I instead bounce down 8 or 16 bar sections so its not as noticeable?

Also I was hoping by bouncing my loops into drums, samples, synths and recording to patterns I could apply FX to just the sample whilst the pattern is playing. It seems I have to hold the remain button so the pattern keeps playing but then the FX apply to everything.

If anyone has suggestions on a better work method I'll be most grateful.

Post subject: Re: Seemless looping as pattern
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:50 am 

since i don't really use the sequencer i can't really help you with the gap/click Thing..

but when you Play a Pattern you can push on "Pattern sequencer" again (light is off now) and set the fx to the pad(s) you want it. (If you press remain+MFX it will always put the fx on all samples, you need to hold remain and tap the pads you want the fx on if you want it on specific ones)

https://youtu.be/P4wTn6x_vpA

Post subject: Re: Seemless looping as pattern
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:52 am 

I spoke to a few friends who also said they never bother doing anything with the pattern select so it seems the best way is to just play the samples as loops, which gets rid of any pops or clicks. Just gotta get used to punching samples off as well as on and make sure my timing is always perfect. Daunting at first but I bought this to actually do something interactive on stage, not just press play and head nod. I think I'll have to restrict the number of layers I bounce my loops down as since it's not easy to trigger 6 things at once.