It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:52 am

Post subject: Mixer Question
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:19 am 

Im getting a mixer soon and would like to know how to hook it up so that i can use my SP and computer at the same time or separately.Right now I have my SP hooked up to the inputs of my sound card so whenever i want to use my SP I have to fire up my laptop and its getting to be a pain.How do I hook it up on a mixer so i don't need to have my sound card powered to use my SP when I don't feel like turning my laptop on?

Also any suggestions on a cheap 4 or 8 track mixer?Dont want to spend more than $200 so its gotta be pretty cheap :)

Post subject: Re: Mixer Question
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:43 pm 

A good cheaper 4 track mixer:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mackie-402-VLZ4 ... 2ee5d31fce

You should be able to find used ones for less monies on ebay though. Same goes for the 8 track.

You could also peep the yamaha mg series mixers for cheaper.

SO HOW TO HOOK THEM UP

The easiest way I can think of is having the mixer at the center.

So your SP and your sound card are both hooked up to the Mixer, and from the mixer it ouputs to the monitors. If you want to hook your SP to your soundcard, just disconnect it from the mixer and plug into the soundcard.

If you hook em all up at once, you might get nasty feedback loops

Have fun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:14 pm 

There are types of audio interfaces (such as the mackie u.420) that act as a soundcard and also as a standalone mixer, without the pc/firewire/usb connection. i can disconnect the firewire cable and use it solely as a mixer. but using the firewire, i can route any audio playing from inside the pc out through the mackie and into any sampler (such as the sp or an mpc, etc.) and playback that sampler along with any other audio.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:36 pm 

Champloo wrote:
There are types of audio interfaces (such as the mackie u.420) that act as a soundcard and also as a standalone mixer, without the pc/firewire/usb connection. i can disconnect the firewire cable and use it solely as a mixer. but using the firewire, i can route any audio playing from inside the pc out through the mackie and into any sampler (such as the sp or an mpc, etc.) and playback that sampler along with any other audio.

sounds perfect...thanks!