It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:33 am

Post subject: Ableton Question
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:07 pm 

is there an easy way to loop things unqauntized in ableton audio and midi clips like the mark button on an SP?Been making beats off the grid and I want to find an easier way of making sure all of the tracks are looping in time w/ each other and right now the only way i can get it to work is by manually dragging the markers so that each track sounds to me like its looping in time w/ the others but its very tedious and I'm sure theres an easier way....
Please Help

Post subject: Re: Ableton Question
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:27 pm 

Figured it out...you have to disable global quantization and then you can use the set marker buttons mapped to midi or whatever and it works just like the mark button on sp :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:28 pm 

SpWarlock wrote:
Figured it out...you have to disable global quantization and then you can use the set marker buttons mapped to midi or whatever and it works just like the mark button on sp :)

thanks for this!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:45 pm 

SpWarlock wrote:

whaaa, why didn't I know this?! :cry:

thankss I'm going to try this out in a bit 8)

bandcamp

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:24 pm 

yeah all I've been doing is mapping the SET button in clip view to a key on my keyboard and basically with the right timing I'm able to sync up un-qauntized loops in session view.And if you want then you can map each scene to a key and record your shit to arrangement kinda like you would an sp in resample or 40 bpm method in pattern mode on sp..just thinking of each scene as you would a resample pad on the sp.Been doing this today and I'm getting more control over how my stuff sounds than if i was to only use the sp for loose sounding beats.

Edit:I should note that it does take some adjusting but you can think of that as Abletons Start/End/Level button or whatever