It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:36 am

Post subject: important live QUESTION
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:22 pm 

hey there!

i tried to search function to find some answers. but i think my questions are too specific. soooooo....

this is the situation:

i will be playing keyboards and samples in a band very soon. the band is professional, so i have to keep up wih them:) equipment wise. i will be playing "normal" keyboardparts and some audio samples. aaand we plan on playing some songs with a metronome and some pre-recorded samples play from a device during the song. i thought of getting the SP-555 for the sample part. now there are several questions. is the SP-555 able to play pre-recorded audio and send the music to the PA and the metronome (via headphones) to the drummer? if not, wich device do you recommend? how do i hook up the SP-555 to the live set-up to get the best result? are there any advantages with the RCAF outputs, or why doesn't the SP-555 have TS outputs?
maybe the questions are kind of stupid, but i'm kind of new to all this sampling stuff. and as i thought of getting the SP, this forum seemed to be a great source for help.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:03 am 

i use my 404 in that way, exept it cant send a metronome. You will need to either manually sync it with a metronome or sync both devices to a midi clock. check out my videos with my 404. my drummer has a metronome in the same tempo as my patterns.

http://www.youtube.com/kristoffer1989

check out the three videos of indestructible live at nesodden vgs=)

http://kristofferlislegaard.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:40 am 

or just make a sample of a metronome? :P

it doesn't have 1/4" outs cos roland are tight

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:29 am 

@ kristoffer1989

thank you! i think syncing manually could be a great source of chaos:) . if i hook the SP ut to a midi clock as a "master", wich device could be used as a "slave" for the drummer? where can i get midi clock thingies and midi-slaves?

@ cartesia

also thank you!:) if i would make a sample of a metronome, would there be any possibility that only the drummer gets that sample, and the PA gets the rest?
i know that roland are tight, buuuuut how do i hook it up in the live-set up? are those outs reliable? i only know them from my stereo system at home:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:23 am 

i know, but it is the cheapest way when your drummer is broke:P worked fine for our three gigs though. if you first get them synced(which is not THAT difficult) they will be synced til you press stop again...

if you have a midi master you could sync the sp to it and the drummer can have f.ex. a Boss Db-90 metronome which has midi in.

http://www.portlandmusiccompany.com/db90_pics/db90.jpg

its a good investment if you are gigging a lot.

ps remember that this only works with patterns. you can't quantize/sync single samples. so you would need to hit those in time.

http://kristofferlislegaard.com/