It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:44 pm

Post subject: Sp 303 + RE-20 Space Echo recording problem
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:08 am 

I have samples on the Sp 303 that I want to be able to run through the Space Echo and record the Space Echo's output into FL Studio. The Space Echo has no MIDI, only RCA Ins/Outs. So here is the question I have:

Will the start point of the recordings be exactly the same, each time I record patterns into FL Studio? How accurate is the "record on input" inside FL Studio?

I'm not so worried about the end points, because I could simply zoom in and chop off what isn't needed. I just don't need there to be any unwanted blank space before the audio waveform that is recorded into FL Studio.

For instance, if my kick drum starts right on the first zero-crossing, I want it to stay that way through the recording process into FL Studio. Because if my beat has a certain timing or swing, I would have no idea how much blank space to cut off before the audio actually starts.

Post subject: Re: Sp 303 + RE-20 Space Echo recording problem
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:23 am 

Champloo wrote:
IHow accurate is the "record on input" inside FL Studio?

If I get it, the above is your main question right? I'm not familiar with FL Studio. But if there's a function where REC gets activated by incoming audio, it's more likely that it would be late rather than early. As it would take a few milliseconds from the first hit til the machine starts recording. (Unless it's a more clever function.)

The Auto-REC function on my SP have trouble reacting fast enough to drum hits.

If you want to resample/bounce patterns from the SP into your DAW, I assume you can send midi (start/stop)-signals from FL Studio to your SP. I have done this from my Fostex multitracker to my SP-404SX.

The RE-20 is only affecting your audio so it has nothing to do with all this. I suppose there are Delay-fx with midi, but that would be for temposyncing the bounces etc.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:03 am 

A good example is this... imagine my pattern in FL Studio is "05.647", but I'm only sending my snare pattern through the Sp 303 for FX. Well the snare in the pattern doesn't hit until "00.705"

I have everything multitracked right now, in very specific areas on the grid. This means for the snare track, there is blank audio all the way up until the first snare hits on the snare pattern, you see?

I guess you could just zoom WAY IN and place the new start point just right, and continue to move the whole pattern backwards or forwards until it sits in the mix like before... but this would be very tedious work for multiple tracks...just trying to see if there is a legit way to do this. there may not be, except for what i just typed in this last paragraph :?

recording into fl studio via midi may work for half the method, but getting audio from fl studio to the 303 is the part that is giving me trouble, because the 303 can never pin point start recording. like my hat pattern... there is a hat that plays at the VERY BEGINNING, but there is always a little bit of extra space, just before the first hat hits, that shows up in the waveform after i record back into fl studio and i have to edit the waveform and cut that little bit of blank space just before the first hat hits.

Last edited by Champloo on Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:12 am 

my head hurts :cry: lol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:25 pm