It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:58 am

Post subject: Question about Delay Effect
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:58 pm 

Whats going on guys. I have had my 404 for years, but this is my first time here.... this is a really dope resource!

Yesterday I stopped at guitar center and was playing with the 505 while I was wating. I noticed on the delay effect that if you adjust knob one whike the effect is applie it will change the delay to the new perameter and keep going.... I am pretty sure that it is new for the 505, but is there a way to set the dlay on the 404 to do this?

Also on the DJ Looper Effect (Effect 24) is there a way to adjust cntrl 3 while resampling, because it turns in the volume cntrl when you resample. Thanks in advance..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:44 pm 

Sadly, there's no way to catch and hold the delay effect across different tempos with the 404. Some of the older BOSS digital delay pedals did it, too. They were pretty sought after years ago. I traded one (DD-3 or 4 from Japan, dark grey) for an entire collection of break records and obscure instrumental vinyl, best trade of my life.

It's a really cool effect, though, I wish it was present on the 404. There's a work-around I'm kind of coming up with in my mind, but it would require having the same sample on several different pads... different amounts of dead space, or maybe just different lengths set to Gate and Loop... I'm not at home now, so I can't really work on it.