It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:09 am

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:25 pm 

Hello :lol:

I just can´t belive the bad recive i got here on the SP-Forums. I post just one possible way to achive good pianosounds or hits or chords....The guy i gave this answer was after samples from Telonius Monk...And i meant that instead of sample from a rcord he could try the same chords by sampling the "Shit as he call it" and lofi it in the SP-XXX as it has great FX. I also said and meant that MY OPINION is that somethings should be moraly concidered not to sample pure pianosriffs that could be recogniced easily.

I was raised listening to Jazz,Fusion,Funk and Hip Hop e.g for example Grandmasterflash...and they was using loads of samples from e.g James Brown and other artists....AND YES Sampling is an art in it self...i should know as my first encounter with a sampler was in earley 80´s....But the point is what i said is, one must be careful with what u sample...IT IS CALLED RESPECT for the musician U steal from...I find it very strange that i registrer myself on this SP-Forum and got loud and angry POPE´s hamering and defending themself LIKE u don´t know anything about Hip Hop, and sampling is only HipHop and so on.

I had expected some respect and kindnes from the users, or at least some understanding and reading between the lines, that is what a forum should be, a place to talk with likeminded SP users regardless what style there are into....I am really concidering to pull the plug and leave this otherwise nice place....I think the man or woman behind this forum should Moderate persons that call oter users for Fags, shithead, wtf, and other shitty words.......

OK this tread can go on and on...but i am out now

Best regards
CnlTAF

"Please Roland give us a proper sampler again,...and don´t make it complex, A SP-606 with say 24 or 32 voices 8 indu outs that´s enough....it would be great"...;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:11 am 

Cnl Taf - you raise a good point, i've often created some interesting 'chops' myself by playing little riffs then slicing them up into nice rhythmic sections. it's good 'cos it gives you complete control

i'm with PaulJ too, sometimes the zone you're in for a particular piece dictates the means by which you achieve that sound - often by sampling

and xdrewx - you want to keep the forums nice? let's avoid the homophobia. i know you're young but that isn't cool

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:20 am 
404 Award Winner '09 + Beat of the Year '09 + Tape of the Year '09

word these forums been getting a little crazy lately :o

I'm about to suggest an anger managment forum for this site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:22 am 

word, we gotta increase the peace

*rolls an anger management spliff*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:48 am 

you know what!
when i looked at the bottom of the page just a sec ago i saw an icon i was not familiar with. it was the locked thread icon. i have never actually noticed that before.

now if this were another (in-particular) site, i could find it in a line up, after i was deucefaced and probably blind-folded.
on that note i think that this is a very friendly spot in cyberville. we're all cool here. if you are angry then go kick ass on the 14th battle, what.

and yo respect due, respect given. i doubt that many of us make much money off our music. and no one would sample a song they didn't like; well maybe that's not true, but it feels true.
and don't say fag :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:15 pm 

Quote:
Hello

I just can´t belive the bad recive i got here on the SP-Forums. I post just one possible way to achive good pianosounds or hits or chords....The guy i gave this answer was after samples from Telonius Monk...And i meant that instead of sample from a rcord he could try the same chords by sampling the "Shit as he call it" and lofi it in the SP-XXX as it has great FX. I also said and meant that MY OPINION is that somethings should be moraly concidered not to sample pure pianosriffs that could be recogniced easily.

I was raised listening to Jazz,Fusion,Funk and Hip Hop e.g for example Grandmasterflash...and they was using loads of samples from e.g James Brown and other artists....AND YES Sampling is an art in it self...i should know as my first encounter with a sampler was in earley 80´s....But the point is what i said is, one must be careful with what u sample...IT IS CALLED RESPECT for the musician U steal from...I find it very strange that i registrer myself on this SP-Forum and got loud and angry POPE´s hamering and defending themself LIKE u don´t know anything about Hip Hop, and sampling is only HipHop and so on.

I had expected some respect and kindnes from the users, or at least some understanding and reading between the lines, that is what a forum should be, a place to talk with likeminded SP users regardless what style there are into....I am really concidering to pull the plug and leave this otherwise nice place....I think the man or woman behind this forum should Moderate persons that call oter users for Fags, shithead, wtf, and other shitty words.......

OK this tread can go on and on...but i am out now

Best regards
CnlTAF

CnlTAF.. Your right man.. I owe you and everyone else an apology.. I'm a moderator on the Lexicon and Fostex forums.. And I would never allow this.. I respect your opinion.. So from my comment I'm sorry..

~T~

Music is a moral law,
it gives wings to the mind,
a soul to the universe,
flight to the imagination,
a charm to sadness,
a life to everything,
Plato 400 B.C.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:35 pm 

Check out:

Bill Evans