It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:37 pm

Post subject: Looking for good piano samples
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:12 pm 

Some piano riffs and shit.

Youu guys have any groups that have a lot of piano play in them?
Like the telonious monk shit?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:17 pm 

Fats Waller is the shit for pianos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:15 pm 

Hi folks :D

Why don´t u guys find a real Piano or a Grand piano, and just play with Chords that u like...I have both a SP-555 and SP-606, and i find them perfect for this kind of work. Just plug in a microphone and the record the chords on the piano...and it is getting authenic by you self playing it. To sample other playing is not quite artistic..(In my point of wiew) as the playing is a personal thing.

Ok one can say "i cant play"..don´t hang up on that way of thinking...as long it is rhytmical and nice to listen to it is right..maybe you like your own music , so if you like it..probably someone elese vill too...Ok get to someone that own a tuned piano..maybe there are Schools or churches or other places where you can sit for a while and sample your own personal pianochords..

I did a improv. called "Random Thoughts" that can be found on my Myspacesite (www.myspace.com/cnltaf) it was done entirely with my SP-555 except for the vocals wich was recorded in Steinberg Nuendo. I play every instrument e.g Trumpet, Bass, the works with no editing done. If i can i really think others can do too.. Good luck.

The best regards
Cnl TAF

"Please Roland give us a proper sampler again,...and don´t make it complex, A SP-606 with say 24 or 32 voices 8 indu outs that´s enough....it would be great"...;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:29 pm 

be careful what' you are saying here, sampling is hip hop. That's the only way to get the real dirty raw hip hop shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:54 pm 

CnlTaf wrote:
Hi folks :D

Why don´t u guys find a real Piano or a Grand piano, and just play with Chords that u like...I have both a SP-555 and SP-606, and i find them perfect for this kind of work. Just plug in a microphone and the record the chords on the piano...and it is getting authenic by you self playing it. To sample other playing is not quite artistic..(In my point of wiew) as the playing is a personal thing.

Ok one can say "i cant play"..don´t hang up on that way of thinking...as long it is rhytmical and nice to listen to it is right..maybe you like your own music , so if you like it..probably someone elese vill too...Ok get to someone that own a tuned piano..maybe there are Schools or churches or other places where you can sit for a while and sample your own personal pianochords..

I did a improv. called "Random Thoughts" that can be found on my Myspacesite (www.myspace.com/cnltaf) it was done entirely with my SP-555 except for the vocals wich was recorded in Steinberg Nuendo. I play every instrument e.g Trumpet, Bass, the works with no editing done. If i can i really think others can do too.. Good luck.

The best regards
Cnl TAF

I don't agree with this, I play a few different instruments myself (piano not being one of them) and I make music thats entirely my "own" stuff, as in, i played all the instruments, but I also have a seperate project thats entirely sampled based. And thats the whole point of it.

To me sampling is a whole art form in itself, there's just no reason to play the stuff yourself, like you say, anyone can do that! The thing that gives me satisfaction is to take something that ALREADY exists and making into something new. Sampling other playing IS artistic.

Of course there's plenty to be said for both methods, but why bother with all the hassle of going to find a piano when you can make something original and cool from an old jazz record thats sittin under ur bed or somethin!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:44 pm 

Quote:
CnlTaf wrote:
Hi folks

Why don´t u guys find a real Piano or a Grand piano, and just play with Chords that u like...I have both a SP-555 and SP-606, and i find them perfect for this kind of work. Just plug in a microphone and the record the chords on the piano...and it is getting authenic by you self playing it.

WTF... I play the piano for about 12 years.. and I can play the guitar and flute.. First off, I don't believe you need to find a "real piano or Grand piano" that's bullshit.. I've used many software emulations of pianos and you couldn't even tell the difference.. (I'm only referring to the Vienna or Seattle symphony virtual instruments/orchestra).. However if I'm looking for a warmer/live sound then yes, I would suggest everyone to grab a real instrument.. but if people are recording in their homes, mostly in their bedrooms, I'm not going to take off the door to wheel in a grand piano.

Plus it depends on how you work.. why in the hell would you sample piano riffs if your playing them? You would just play your part that you wanted; it would only make sense, not to mention it saves time.. I think you may have worded this wrong, I do understand little of what your saying..

Quote:
To sample other playing is not quite artistic..(In my point of wiew) as the playing is a personal thing.

Well..That is a very bold statement an I'm curious how are you going to back it up? The correct saying should have been..

"To Sample other's playing is nothing special, but what you do with it, reveals your hidden elements"

Music is a moral law,
it gives wings to the mind,
a soul to the universe,
flight to the imagination,
a charm to sadness,
a life to everything,
Plato 400 B.C.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:06 pm 

Here vinyl enjoy due some choppin..........
Clara Schumann - C.M.von Weber - Piano Concertos
Elizabeth Rich, Piano
Janacek Philarmonica Orchestra

http://rapidshare.com/files/73015153/Cl ... .part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/73018095/Cl ... .part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/73005862/Cl ... .part3.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/73008902/Cl ... .part4.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/73012022/Cl ... .part5.rar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:02 pm 

lol....just relax....
ahahaha dont be a fag on these forums plz...i like them nice!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:49 pm 

Oh I forgot to add my piano suggestion earlier; cant go wrong with Debussy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:00 pm 

xdrewx wrote:
dont be a fag on these forums plz...i like them nice!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:54 am 

fags are nice drew! i guess you've never met any so...
anyway, the sp stands for sampler so it tiss true that one must be cautious in his wording of his/her opinion.
AND i will say it is a whole lot easier to slap some stuff together on a piano (without writing it as music yourself of course) than creating something listenable from another's grainy version.

my order of respect:
5. bang, bang; hey i made some sounds but i can't do it again.
4. hey i cut up this song pretty good.
3. hey i just wrote a song, here let me play it for you.
2. hey i just mastered dudes song, then i cut it up into chops, remixed it, then i wrote some music to throw on top. listen to me play the (inst.) once i get this tracked beat up.
1. Hey, I'll play 5,4,3 and 2 LIVE on all the instruments while playing them into my sp and finally throwing back out to the audience for them to yell and scream at.

basicly, all i'm saying is that i respect those who master their craft, regardless of their tools.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:59 am 

anyway, sorry to steal the topic.

go to a church and use their grand organ drew. they might even let you hang out and learn a few hymns. and i'm being serious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:51 am 

WORD jbl, I agree with you completely. As for the church thing, just tell them you're makin some Jesus based hip hop and it will be all gravy. If you're still looking for piano samples, check out Art Tatum for sure. He is a legend on the keys who had really dope timing and style.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:32 am 

chick corea-dephi

i found this one today and bought it purely because of all the iscolated piano samples. its a chill record to listen to also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:03 pm 

Ahmad Jamal has some nice piano sounds