It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:24 pm

Post subject: mute drums sampletrak
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:34 pm 
Funniest Member of the Year '09

lost my sampletrak forums account, but I have been making beat batches, 3 beats at a time, on the 224. I want to start the next batch but before need to find a way to mute my drums out for changeups, also forgot how to do the major scale 16 levels trick, I don't have a manual.

Post subject: Re: mute drums sampletrak
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:04 pm 

To mute just pick an effect that lowers the volume and apply it when needed.

The sampletrak will allow you to pitch your sample on 8 pads you can pitch up, down, or both. It's quite easy to do. Press the "special + pad assign" keys. Select the sample with (+or-) hit "pad assign" again to select the pad you want the original sample to be played on and then press "pad assign" one more time to finalize. This does not time stretch + pitch like the MPC. The sampletrak can timestretch, but in a difference process.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:05 pm 

To mute just pick an effect that lowers the volume and apply it when needed.

The sampletrak will allow you to pitch your sample on 8 pads you can pitch up, down, or both. It's quite easy to do. Press the "special + pad assign" keys. Select the sample with (+or-) hit "pad assign" again to select the pad you want the original sample to be played on and then press "pad assign" one more time to finalize. This does not time stretch + pitch like the MPC. The sampletrak can timestretch, but in a difference process.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:38 pm 

cool, almost got it mastered, but there is a few things that are quircky about the system itself compared to sp logic so ingrained my my workflow./
I was looking for an effect to mute and scratch effect kind of works, but when you bring the drums back it knocks it outta time for a second.
found the secret ninja manual here.
http://www.zoom.co.jp/download/E_ST224.pdf
also found this thread
http://sampletrak.lefora.com/2009/04/28 ... ve-muting/
I will have to study more about my new weapon.

I was going to resort to, resampling my drum pattenr and play both at once, that way i can control end mutes on the samples and the drums.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:49 pm 

Yah the key to the 224 is to bounce to other machines or tape to save on poly. The pattern copy is nice if u decide not to bounce cuz u can just manually delete/mute the drums via the sequencer. I'd also like to say that try to keep your samples in hifi stereo because u can boost levels higher without getting clipping from within the machine. I've noticed the 224 seems quiet compared to other samplers unless you resample then adjust levels to max.

I will answer your 224 questions if you got anymore. I traded my good 224 for a 505 but I still have a "mostly" working one somewhere around here.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:10 pm 

for how many features this bad boy has that the sp series doesn't offer, it is a little sad that there is no automatic pattern switching. other then the hiss it makes, everything is running smooth, oh yeah, unlike the SP samplers where when you try to play live and it is always a little glitchy, the 224 has some kinda delta snapping or something, where the notes land pretty smooth smacking the pads live. even over strict sequences./

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:59 pm 

for the pitching on 8 pads it's major scale FYI. pretty convenient IMO but adjust to what you need it for. i usually lay out my pads like this:

bank 1: 2 kick drums pitched as needed, 1 snare, 2 hats, use the other 3 for whatever.

bank 2: samples

bank 3: pitched bass sample, delete unnecesary notes to free up pads.