It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:53 am

Post subject: sp404 live
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:19 pm 

I did my first electro/beat session with a friend of mine today. He had ableton live on a pc and I was running keys + sp404. The PC was going through the 404 and suddenly I realized something really cool : You can sample while never stopping the sound. I was able to pick loops on the fly and reuse them with effects. My mate went mad : He was never sure if that was he playing or me and did not know what I sampled : it was totally transparent to him.

the 404 is a great tool for live sets...Once we'll be ready, I'll borrow a cam and make a vid of this...

alex

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:18 pm 

The live possibilities were a big part of what attracted me to the 404 in the first place. Be sure to post some vids and/or jam sessions when you get em.

Post subject: Re: sp404 live
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:23 pm 
505 Award Winner '09

billyboy wrote:
I did my first electro/beat session with a friend of mine today. He had ableton live on a pc and I was running keys + sp404. The PC was going through the 404 and suddenly I realized something really cool : You can sample while never stopping the sound. I was able to pick loops on the fly and reuse them with effects. My mate went mad : He was never sure if that was he playing or me and did not know what I sampled : it was totally transparent to him.

the 404 is a great tool for live sets...Once we'll be ready, I'll borrow a cam and make a vid of this...

alex

hey billyboy, when you say "you can sample something while never stopping the sound" do you mean because there were two of you? as in, for the audience, the sound continues while yr sampling?
cuz i don't think you can sample and keep on rawkin on the fourohfour on its own...

...or can you...?

Post subject: Re: sp404 live
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:53 pm 

fauna wrote:
billyboy wrote:

alex

hey billyboy, when you say "you can sample something while never stopping the sound" do you mean because there were two of you? as in, for the audience, the sound continues while yr sampling?
cuz i don't think you can sample and keep on rawkin on the fourohfour on its own...

...or can you...?

what he mean is you can sample, wile the ext. source is on and rocking.. so you must play, you can not play samples but you can play a syntheseizer or something..

http://kristofferlislegaard.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:16 pm 

Yeah, just like kristoffer1989 said...You are not able to rock the 404 and sample at the same time, but if you have an ext source playing, you can sample with no stopping at all. The previous SPs (202 and 303) are not able to do so if I remember correctly...

alex