It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:00 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Post subject: Re: Hacking the 404SX
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:52 pm 

Over the weekend I started a small python program for reading the 404SX PTN000xxx.BIN files with the capability to add and delete notes, change velocity, and length of notes, double pattern, change pattern length, and write back to a PTN.BIN. Many thanks to ModuLR who whose analysis of the byte encoding saved many hours. The project is still in the early stages so any feedback or desired features would be appreciated! :mrgreen:
Warning: program currently only inserts at 16th increments (all notes read from binary files off 16ths will stay where they are), hoping to implement insertion at arbitrary time soon!
https://github.com/labratjazzcat/spEdit404

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:27 pm 

MindlessD wrote:
Hi guys...
I sent a message to Rumori (BankRobber's author) last week to ask if he was still on board with the editor. He hasn't replied yet, but in the meantime I thought I'd do my own (free) app with a few things I was expecting in BankRobber. It's not a hijacking, rather a continuation of Rumori's already excellent work.
It's still a buggy draft for the moment, but if anyone's interested I'll post a working version as soon as it's usable.
The shortcuts for banks are based on my French keyboard layout. This will be improved when I'll have a working version.

Basically it works like Bankrobber, except you can :
- select a bank and play its assigned pads live on your PC keyboard, and eventually record patterns this way
- slice a sample (not implemented yet) based on its auto-detected tempo
- edit sample tempo
- swap samples from bank to bank, replace or delete samples in banks - play, record and edit patterns (not implemented yet).
A left click on a miniature pad plays it immediately showing its waveform, whereas a right click brings the "Swap/Replace/Delete" popup tool.

I'm not the best dev in town, so there are things I don't master yet, but hopefully I'll succeed and who knows, it might be useful to someone.

Hey what happened with this? Is the editor available?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:53 pm 

late ...BUMP

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13