It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:47 am

Post subject: DAW Set-up Problem
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:18 pm 

Hey everyone! First post on the forum. Anyway I have the following tools: Sp-404SX / Focusrite 2i2 / Fruity Loops 12 (DAW) / FL Akai Fire.

I'm trying to route my SP-404sx in my DAW and use my Akai Fire's knobs for additional lowpass / pan / Highpass / etc... (due to limitations on the 404, and I can add delay / lowpass / etc. at the same time)

I am currently running my 404SX > into my Focusrite 2i2 (Line-Out RCA on 404SX -to- Dual XLR on 2i2) > into my DAW. I can hear/adjust the filters on my akai fire successfully, but I have encountered a problem:

-I am hearing both the input audio (Raw audio from my 404sx) and I am also hearing the DAW audio (so when I lowpass my Akai fire to 0hz it cuts 1 of the singals, but I'm still hearing the raw audio from my SP404). Furthermore, if I 'record' into my DAW then playback the track it only has the final recording, and lowpass does its job due to there only being the final audio and no raw input audio. SO~

My questions are:
1) Do I need a 'MIDI In' cable for this to work
-or-
2) Do I need to plug in my headphone somewhere else besides my Focusrite 2i2 (I've tried plugging my headphones straight into my computer opposed to the 2i2 but do not get any audio because of the fact that I need my FL Studio Sound driver to be on my 2i2 for the 404SX input.
-or-
3) Something else

Thanks for reading and the help! Let me know anything I can try to fix this issue.

Post subject: Re: DAW Set-up Problem
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:56 am 

from what i can tell

the Akai effects .. i'd appy them after recording from the 404 into the DAW . If thats possible