It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:16 pm

Post subject: SP-404 X MPC2000
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:00 am 

I've been using the SP for 4 years was gonna just use that and try and get better at making chops but that shit hooord I guess I'm okay but I just was gifted a MPC 2000 so I think what I want to do is Use the auto chop function on the MPC then run what ever loop I made to the SP then add drums later i heard the MPC filters are good so it would be cool to be able to run whatever Loop and drum combo I made back into the MPC for further adjustments.

SO my question is should I put the MPC RCA outputs to the SP in then RCA out back into the MPC ? I found a midi cord also but not too sure on how I want things to be connected first really appreciate the help thank you.

PS. i usually record to a cassette multitrack but am not doing it right.

Post subject: Re: SP-404 X MPC2000
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:09 am 
Winner of Bronze Medal
Winner of Bronze Medal

you're going to get nasty feedback if you arm both devices with the ins going from the SP to the outs on the MPC and vice versa. I'd suggest running the outs of the SP to the ins of the MPC, but a different set of outs from the MPC
(3&4) to the SP's ins. From within the MPC you can assign your chops or whatever to the outs 3&4, sending to the SP to be processed and/or bounced back into the MPC.

Post subject: Re: SP-404 X MPC2000
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:40 pm 

i do it like this

sample > mixer > MPC > 404 > back into the mixer

when sampling you have to have the SP ext source OFF, otherwise you will get the feedback kel mentioned

this is a great way to add effects to the mpc tho, plus you can press pads on the sp and sample them into the mpc seemlesly (BUT HAVE THAT EXT SOURCE OFF OR YOU WILL REGRET IT)