It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:48 pm

Post subject: SP-404 Sample Cut-Off Issue.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:32 am 

I apologize ahead of time if this question has been answered already, which i'm sure it has been...

I've got a mono drum loop going on a pad and i've got samples chopped up on other multiple pads in stereo. This is all in Bank B. I'm trying to resample the drum loop while I play with the chops onto a pad on Bank C but as soon as i hit the 2nd chop after the 1st chop the drum loop stops... Idk if this is a polyphony issue or what. My memory card is basically empty besides those samples and i've never had this issue before. This is so frustrating yo!! Some help would greatly be appreciated. Thank you so much in advance!

Post subject: Re: SP-404 Sample Cut-Off Issue.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:35 pm 

yeah nah the 404 is horrible with that. u can really play more than 2 pads at a time while resampling, my work around with that was to have my outs go straight to a tape recorder/mpc/any other sampler or recording device, and just play shit out live. then record it back into the 404 remix it etc..

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:12 pm 

[quote]yeah nah the 404 is horrible with that. u can really play more than 2 pads at a time while resampling, my work around with that was to have my outs go straight to a tape recorder/mpc/any other sampler or recording device, and just play shit out live. then record it back into the 404 remix it etc../quote]

Damn really? Does the 303 or the 404sx have this issue?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:13 pm 

chachoschavela wrote:
yeah nah the 404 is horrible with that. u can really play more than 2 pads at a time while resampling, my work around with that was to have my outs go straight to a tape recorder/mpc/any other sampler or recording device, and just play shit out live. then record it back into the 404 remix it etc..

Damn really? Does the 303 or the 404sx have this issue?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:14 pm 

Not sure about the 303, but the 404sx is the same. If you change your stereo samples to mono (can do this by resampling) you will be able to play more pads at the same time (but there's still a limit to the # of pads that can play at once when resampling).