It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:31 pm

Post subject: Samples on SD to Pads
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:31 am 

hi there,

as of yet I don't own the SP404sx, but I'm looking into getting one soon. But before I make go ahead with the purchase, I wanna ask about importing Samples on the SD to the pads. How does this work? How do you select which samples on the SD card. I'm not sure about the workflow, but I guess it's just putting whatever samples from computer to the sd card and puting sd card into the SP404sx and importing. Is this right?
Does it make a duplicate of the file itself on the card ? Meaning, if I already have a sample on a pad and I choose the import another sample onto the same pad, would that previous sample be lost or is it still somewhere on the sd card?

hope I'm clear with my questions. I hope that way would work, then slowly I can move into more hardware base working than on computer.

best

Post subject: Re: Samples on SD to Pads
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:09 am 

You can either sample directly to SP via 'external source', or you can chop/prepare samples on your computer and export them to SD using "Wave converter" software (if you're buying a new SP 404 sx, you'll get the installation disc, otherwise download it from the net for free) - you don't have to use it, but it's much faster and more transparent than using the 'import' function on the SP itself, imho.
Additionally you can store samples into a backup folder on your card.

Best advice anyone can give you - read the manual, fuck, learn it by heart. Keep it next to you, and literally try out every single thing while you're reading it through. SP requires a bit different workflow, there are some limitations, but that's precisely what makes it so unique - and because of this, it requires you to think in a bit different way than usual

Peace

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:48 am 

The plus +ss in choosing the sp404sx as it can play long samples and doesn't need to have it loaded to ram, so i guess it will load pretty fast and won't fill up the ram. The other plus for me is the effects. The effects sounds good enough for me (thru youtube videos) eventhough I don't do hip hop music, it's good enough to mangle my samples. The other coming close to competition is the Blackbox by 1010. It is definitely way easier to edit and sequence, but there are only 2 effects?? well hence the SP404.
Anyway I'll give the manual a go first and see if it still fits my needs.

thanks for the note!

cheers

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:19 am 

The effects are what tipped the scale in favour of me buying the SP :)
I come from a studio environment (and also not strictly hip hop oriented tbh) and I'm used to moving fast. Having no visual representation (like MPC LIVE has, for example), no velocity / touch sensitive pads and only RCA outputs /inputs - SP is not really the fastest and most user friendly, when it comes to production. But like I said, working around those limitations can turn out to be a huge plus.
And the effects are truly a killer, check this out :

https://soundcloud.com/user-853604300/v ... -inventory

Literally all SP 404sx, I recorded random sounds directly via that crappy built-in microphone into the SP ( doors squeaking, keys jingling, hands slamming on table etc - there's a complete list of the sounds used / recorded for each of the three tracks in the description) and then played with the efx
I don't think it's particularly good (though, personally, I really like the third track, turned out rather nice, I'm thinking of doing it properly - production wise), and it WAS more of an exercise, but do listen to it when you find the time - it's a good example of what can you do with SP's effects, and that's practically anything :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:26 am 

Have you bought?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:36 pm 

Hello...On the off chance that you spare a program, that spares all that is in memory. So in the event that you have 4 cushions stacked up with tests, at that point spare a Program and it will spare each of the 4 examples and the cushions that they are alloted to. You can spare 10 projects on a SD card.. .numbered 0-9. In the event that you spare a program as prg0 it will naturally stack when you turn your KP3 on with the SD card embedded.

order pcb