It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:18 pm

Post subject: Resample polyphony......
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:15 am 

:x :x :x :x :x :x
Love the 404sx soooo much.. Like more than home cooked meals shun. But I got one problem thats makin ya boy tear up on some drunk drake with his ex type ish... (read all before answering)

I wanna use resample on my song, no patterns just raw me playing audio, cool right? No, it ain't cool. I do drums first which is the way I wanna work, but then when I'm hittin samples over my drum loop (a resample of me on the drums) it always cuts off my drum loop when hittin the next chop. Now, before ya'll take it dear I wanna say I know that it can't record 3 stereo samples at once but that's major beef to me cause it's one short of what I need, like I can carefully only hit the pad after the last one was released but the lil gaps and the thinkin of it takes out a lot of feel, I don't wanna even play two chops at once I just wanna know if there's a way to set it where the last sample is the sound that gets cut off and not my drum loop cause that would be ideal, I don't mind one sample chop canceling the other chop but how's I gonna make summin when my drums wanna dip out on me everytime I hit my chops to a slight overlap, if I could make that happen I would never need to leave the box for production and I would be a happy ass 404 owner, still am but this is crazy to me.

Post subject: Re: Resample polyphony......
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:23 pm 

i don't think you can do that. what you can do is record your loop onto another sampler or a tape deck. or(this boutta sound dumb) you could build your loop by resampling one chop at a time.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:31 am 

Lmao yeah I thought about that one chop at a time thinng but no way haha. I think imma try the pattern mode cause I don't need any end effects besides a compressor on everything, my only worry would be that even off quantize it still might be slightly altered but I want it as accurate as possible so I gotta figure out if that works and if not I think I'mma get a tascam dp-006, hopefully that won't have a "character" cause I want everything to sound straight out the 404

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:11 pm 

maybe look up 99 bars technique. it works for what u need. either that or just recording it live on to another device. that is what everyone else does bc polyphony is a major issue on the 404 with stereo samples

when i first get 404 all i did was make resample beats with everything mono just to get a couple chops in there. thems the breaks