It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:50 am

Post subject: I need some help making a live sp set . TONIGHT ...
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:15 pm 

ok so here's the thing . ima meet up with some homies at my friend's place tonight ,you know drink some beers ,smoke up and watch some fighting ( im from poland and there's a big fight tonight but nevermind ,back to the topic) . i've been messing with my sp for a few months now but mainly for production and i got pretty good (in my opinion at least) so i just thought yo why not try to mix some music in that situation ? i mean their my close friends and the most harmful thing they can do is have a good laugh when i fuck up . but my problem is i have no fucking clue how to do it ... i've watched a lot of sp sets on youtube and it seems so easy but idk ... do i just sample whole songs onto pads or do they do it all live ? i would love it to be spontaneous but all i can think of is premade sets that you have to prepare and have a limited sampling time which is not as good as i want it to be ;/ anyone got any tips to make it as smooth as possible ?

Post subject: Re: I need some help making a live sp set . TONIGHT ...
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:12 pm 

Hey! I am from Poland as well, seen the fight :P I have been playing some sets here and there, but never just with SP and I am also trying to figure it out myself. The first thing is that not every effect on the SP suits to every kind of a beat, so maybe try thinking at the beginning what you actually want to do in which beat so your actions fit the music.
What I have been doing so far during the practicing is that, I have a beat or a loop on every pad, just as it is, then I got couple of options either play along with some percussive one shots that I have stored in another banks or make some spacious effect and process only them with the effects using the remain button also checking out if I could treat some of the beat (its beginning) also as one shots, using the isolator to cut of the bass and introduce it before you make a transition to another tune :)

And also I think there are two things I sometimes forget about, the first is that the most important is the music, so if you play some nice beats, then you dont have to do so much and the second one, have fun! I have seen Samiyam couple of weeks ago and he also makes mistakes. We are all humans :) Peace

Moo Latte