It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:29 am

Post subject: Fine adjusting start and end points problems & cleaner loops
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:59 pm 

Just got my SP404SX last week and really enjoying it....but been trying to figure out the fine adjustment process the last couple of hours but getting nowhere...

On fine adjusting start/end points: I'm doing what the manual says but the sample is staying the same no matter what I do...I'm really stuck on this so any advice would be appreciated. I figured I could hear the difference when adjusting the CRTL 1 and 2 knobs but nothing is changing...completely baffled on this.

Edit: I see now :) ...it only makes VERY fine adjustments but repeating the process gets you there soon enough. 8)

Post subject: Re: Fine adjusting start and end points problems & cleaner l
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:55 pm 
Winner of Bronze Medal
Winner of Bronze Medal

If you can get good at using the MARK button, you won't need to mess with the fine tuning as much...

The REVERSE button +START/END is also very helpful for making clean loops on long samples, so you don't have to listen all the way to the end every time...

Post subject: Re: Fine adjusting start and end points problems & cleaner l
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:33 pm 

kel wrote:
If you can get good at using the MARK button, you won't need to mess with the fine tuning as much...

The REVERSE button +START/END is also very helpful for making clean loops on long samples, so you don't have to listen all the way to the end every time...

Oh wow, great tip on using REVERSE, that will come in handy as I seem to be using longer loops over short, more techo sounding loops...was beginning to be a headache edit but this help! Thanks!

Now to find a way to mute patterns...guess this is the best way? Looks useful: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9924