It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:03 am

Post subject: Recording with my SP404 + Logic Pro
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:04 am 

TRYiNG THIS AGAIN......

So I'm ready to record my beats. Originally planned on using a RCA cord that has the headphone jack and changing the input settings on Logic but realized I have the wrong cord. I also purchased the focus rite 2i2 but when I used it the sound was really low I think it may have been my set up though. any suggestions on what I should do to record any help works kinda stuck :/

Post subject: Re: Recording with my SP404 + Logic Pro
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:40 am 

Bump

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:06 am 

I think this is the first forum I've ever joined where a post like this has gotten about six hundred views with not a response. Are current members that jaded?

I will do my best to help you get sorted. If I can't help, you should probably check some other forums. This is way too long brother to go without being able to get your beats in your DAW. Hopefully another more experienced member could help also?

Are u running RCA connections from the output of the SP and 1/4" into the input of your interface?

Does your interface have a monitor knob and is this turned up?

Did you adjust your input gain?

Have you been able to record other instruments successfully in your current setup?

We're you able to record a track? If so, did you normalize the gain?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:04 am 

thanks brute yeah I don't know why nobody was trying to answer, but I have the wrong RCA cord its a yellow white color cord thought it would work.Im going getting the RCA to 1/4" tomorrow. but was wondering if the interface is connected via usb does that pick up the sound or do I need another cord?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:02 pm 

Donhavi wrote:
thanks brute yeah I don't know why nobody was trying to answer, but I have the wrong RCA cord its a yellow white color cord thought it would work.Im going getting the RCA to 1/4" tomorrow. but was wondering if the interface is connected via usb does that pick up the sound or do I need another cord?

Your audio interface converts the analog signal to digital. In order to get the audio from you 404 into the interface, you must go into the inputs of the interface, outputs on back to monitors usually and the audio travels through USB. You might need a driver installed and their are some other setup steps within you computer operating system that switched your audio to the focusrite. My audio interface only has 1/4 inputs/outputs. I'm thinking that once you get the new cable you will be good. Are you on aPC or Mac?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:11 am 

BruteCoan wrote:
Donhavi wrote:

Your audio interface converts the analog signal to digital. In order to get the audio from you 404 into the interface, you must go into the inputs of the interface, outputs on back to monitors usually and the audio travels through USB. You might need a driver installed and their are some other setup steps within you computer operating system that switched your audio to the focusrite. My audio interface only has 1/4 inputs/outputs. I'm thinking that once you get the new cable you will be good. Are you on aPC or Mac?

I have a Mac and thanks a lot man been a big help I'm getting the cord tomorrow going to get a driver right now though or going to look for one.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:02 am 

Donhavi wrote:
BruteCoan wrote:
Donhavi wrote:

I have a Mac and thanks a lot man been a big help I'm getting the cord tomorrow going to get a driver right now though or going to look for one.

Copy that. Be sure to read up on gain staging. There are a lot of stages where input and output levels can be tweaked. It could just be one of the gain pots that need to be adjusted. Hopefully it's just this. Once you get it sorted you'll be like damn, that was all it was. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:48 am 

https://youtu.be/3jKXcnQV4v4

This was posted by a member here and made a sticky on this forum. Shame on both of us for not doing our due diligence.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:42 pm 

BruteCoan wrote:

This was posted by a member here and made a sticky on this forum. Shame on both of us for not doing our due diligence.

Damnnn you know I saw this a year ago and couldn't find it found another one that like confused me way more but thanks for the help Brute I don't have the same audio interface and also on the back of my interface I have a right and left input thats not for the RCA cable I need correct?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:35 am 

Donhavi wrote:
BruteCoan wrote:

Damnnn you know I saw this a year ago and couldn't find it found another one that like confused me way more but thanks for the help Brute I don't have the same audio interface and also on the back of my interface I have a right and left input thats not for the RCA cable I need correct?

Look closely. Those are outputs. You run a 1/4 from them into speakers. You may have to get some 1/4 to 3.5 adapters if your speaker inputs are 3.5 mm. Were you planning on listening on your Mac speakers? Do you have some powered monitor speakers.

With the cable you bought, you should be able to connect the two 3.5 mm ends into you SP outputs, then run the 1/4 into the left input on the front of you focusrite. You can adjust the monitor gain level through your speakers and adjust the gain level which can boost the signal going into you DAW.

In this video, his guitar is like the sp.

https://youtu.be/bku2sGeNVLU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:00 am 

Thank you bro got it to work but when I listen to records the voices sound far away is this normal? I used a adapter and plugged my studio headphones into the audio interface .

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:33 pm 

Donhavi wrote:
Thank you bro got it to work but when I listen to records the voices sound far away is this normal? I used a adapter and plugged my studio headphones into the audio interface .

That sounds like you're only getting one channel, probably the left - i use a Behringner Xenyx Q502USB mixer/interface ($70) and a L/R RCA to L/R 1/4" cable (that's two mono 1/4" plugs, one for each channel) from the 404 into the channel 2/3 input of the mixer (which is designed to be a stereo input) and I get total control of volume on my signal while recording into Logic (to a stereo Audio channel). I could also do a stereo 1/4" (one plug, two rings) to L/R RCA into the tape input of the mixer.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 8:23 am 

THANK YOU.

thank you to everyone who contributed to this post I figured out the problem I released my first tape called "Summerhouse" on July 7 2017 I'll post up a link in the share section.