It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:52 am

Post subject: Careful with connecting your AC cable
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:05 pm 

Hi, I just noticed something (don't know if someone posted this yet):
So i got some stacks (batteries??? idk) and put them into my SP.
If I use my SP with the AC power and with the stacks inside, apperently (someone corfirm this please) it does not drain my stacks.
If I'm using the SP using the stacks power and decide to connect the AC power to the SP, I must FIRST connect it to the outlet and THEN connect the cable to the jack on the back of the SP. Otherwise If I connect my SP to the jack first while turned on with batteries and the AC not connected to the outlet, the SP will turn off lol Don't know why this happens but i think it is a security measure by Roland. I noticed this because I have no power at my house atm and when i went to turn on the SP it was not turning on. I plugged out the cable from the jack on the back and everything worked.

Someone please confirm this. It's pretty useful because imagine you are doing a live set. If the power source do not provide power to the SP (AND THE JACK IS CONNECTED on the back!!) it will automatically turn off even if you got batteries inside it. Note that if you have power in your house everything runs smoothly. I think this is made to avoid short circuits when the power suddenly returns, since the voltage of a SP is not the same as a laptop. Again... confirm this to me, i have no power :(