It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:03 pm

Post subject: Troubleshooting
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:47 am 

I have a 4-bar drum loop on pad 1, one sample on pad 2, a different sample on pad 3 & copied to pad 4, and another different sample on pad 6.

I have no trouble with pad 1 cutting out when I play it with the other pads, but when I begin to record, pad 1 stops when I hit pad 3 - sometimes after pad 4 (before the 4-bars are complete). The order I'm trying to record is 1 (playing throughout) + 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 6

I've tried to resample the samples without the drums and play that along with the drum loop, but the arrangement of the resample is not in the order I recorded in.

It doesn't matter if I take gate or loop off the drum loop, it just stops (even when I'm holding pad 1). Has this happened to anyone else? I'd be more than okay with posting a video if it would help.

Post subject: Re: Troubleshooting
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:48 pm 

Hi keep it in lo fi then record a four bar loop onto a pad (just drums and snares) resample this drum loop a few times over to a different pad deleting the previous one once its recorded always hitting the lo fi button after its done if this doesn't work get a metronome bleeping and record the samples instead to the metronome maybe a metronome app on ur phone etc then follow the same steps as above after hitting lo fi resample hit the sample loop and hold then just record snares only on this sequence then record another sequence adding drums ive had to do this so many times making sure u hit lo fi after every recorded loop in the end u will get what ur looking for this way, its long winded but this is how the sp works just an idea the whole thing with sp is being creative and finding ways round that it forces ur creativity, peace