It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:15 pm

Post subject: Remain button bug/glitch?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:45 am 

Hi all,

New to the forums but I haven't seen anything similar on here so here goes...

I've had my new 404sx for a few months now and use it all the time but I've just started noticing strange behaviour when using the 'remain' button.

I usually just use it to toggle on/off the pads that I want my fx applied to, but sometimes I use it to preset the fx settings before I start the fx (yeah like that box in the manual p13).

I hold the remain button then adjust ctrl1 -ctrl3 knobs (display shows they are being adjusted) but then when I select the fx button afterwards it does not apply the new parameters.

This used to work for me so I guessed something was wrong but now I've started noticing strange behaviour when using the remain button just to toggle pads (like effects turning off when using remain to transfer fx between pads, and the fx not transfering to the lit pad even though the lights show it has). It's never been powered off incorrectly or been mistreated so I don't see what could have corrupted the software of messed up the clock.

I've read the manual so many times and I'm sure I'm using it correctly so was just wondering if anyone else has experienced similar problems and if you managed to fix them.

Any help or suggestions would be really apreciated.

Cheers! :)

Post subject: Re: Remain button bug/glitch?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:48 am 

Hey again,

So if you have had the same problem and were interested...

I got in touch with Roland as it was under warranty, and they confirmed this was likely to be a fault with the unit and it needed the main board replacing.