It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:29 am

Post subject: SP-404 "Dibiase Type" Live Performance
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:27 pm 

First Post Ever! :D

My name is Nicholas. I've been a long time follower of this forum, my experience with the SP series stuff is deep. I bought a 505 back in 2003 (which I foolishly traded for a MPC1000), I also currently own an 606 which I purchased new back in 2008. I'm looking to off-load the 606 and pick up the 404 (unless someone talks me out of it). I want to get back to basics so to speak and start doing little sample beats and live performance stuff like the video link below. I feel that the 606 is more "production heavy" and I'll be looking to cop Maschine for those needs.

My question is this, I've watched the video link below now numerous times. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that Dibiase has a set-list compiled in a DAW (I've read that he uses Ableton. I'll be using Logic), and has that routed into his 404 and he's just streaming using ext source and applying various effects? I see that he triggers little samples here and there but it seems that the mix is coming from that computer. This is exactly what I'd like to start doing for little parties and what not. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqxxtL8rIE0

Post subject: Re: SP-404 "Dibiase Type" Live Performance
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:15 am 

i think he's mixing it up, he's using ableton but he also has some full beats on the pads