It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:32 am

Post subject: Effects stop working randomly
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:37 am 

Hey guys, got my first SP404SX the other day as I wanted to use it to play my beats live and liked the look of the effects module.

I'm using it in such a way as each pad has an entire separate beat on it. Beats I've made in Logic and then blunced as a wav and assigned to a pad using the software.

The problem I'm having is that sometimes after making a transition from one beat to another (so pad 1 to pad2) i'll lose all control of the effects once the new beat has been triggered. It's really weird. So imagine i have hit pad1 and hold. The whole 2 minute beat is playing via pad 1. Im jamming with the effects module and then I use Delay for example to help me fade it out and transition more smoothly into the next beat. As I apply the delay and then turn up the drive i hit pad1 and in doing so turn that beat off so i just have the tail of the delay coming through. I then trigger pad 2 (the next beat) and hit hold. Then beat 2 will play. This is generally the process I've been using so far but sometimes when I play a new beat I have absolutely no control over ANY of the effects. Like I'll be hitting delay and turning the drive, resonance and cut off up and down and getting absolutely nothing. If I restart that beat it seems to be fine, but I cant exactly just stop the beat halfway through and restart it. Its almost like the effects unit bugs out and becomes unresponsive. Has anyone ever experienced that? Anyone have any suggestions as to why I should or could randomly just lose all life from the FX panel?!! Any help much appreciated. Cheers.

Post subject: Re: Effects stop working randomly
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:05 am 

Press remain + your mfx ==> select all the pads

Post subject: Re: Effects stop working randomly
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:04 pm 

Ahhh fantastic. I thought it would be something simple. Thanks very much man, really appreciate it.