It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:31 am

Post subject: sp 404 and beatstep/korg sq-1
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:32 pm 

hey fellas! long time no post..

I know I asked this a while back but i dont remember what the exact reply was.. I was hoping you would run a step sequencer through the 404 and resample the pads being triggered.. does anyone have any input on that? I sold off most of my gear to simplify and buy a single piece of gear and ended up kind of stuck with nothing..

Post subject: Re: sp 404 and beatstep/korg sq-1
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:05 am 

timfromtexas wrote:
hey fellas! long time no post..

I know I asked this a while back but i dont remember what the exact reply was.. I was hoping you would run a step sequencer through the 404 and resample the pads being triggered.. does anyone have any input on that? I sold off most of my gear to simplify and buy a single piece of gear and ended up kind of stuck with nothing..

Sounds like a cool idea. Sort of like resampling a pattern. With the difference that you build the pattern in an external step sequencer instead. With the OG Beatstep (not pro) you'd be limited to one hit on every 16th. So you won't have polophony - two sounds hitting at the same time.

I assume it would be possible. If you arm resample on the SP I suppose resampling should start the same moment you press play on the Beatstep.

I'll see if I can try this.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:17 pm 

Yea i know about the single sound recording at a time thing.. I think people were saying that if youre controlling the 404 with a midi device that resample wouldnt work?? maybe that was with using the pattern sequencer? If i used an old electribe it might work better because i would be able to map several parts to the tribes parts and sequence from there.. that is... IF it will let you control and resample at the same time..

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:11 am 

Man, I really hope so. Just copped an electribe er-1 and an ea-1 for super cheap. Not really into the sounds, but am hoping to use them as sequencers for other stuff. I wanna use the er-1 to sequence the 404sx.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:55 am 

I tried this a while back using the yamaha rm1x as a sequencer but unfortunatly ut didnt work!!! You could always use another sampler after the sp or record te pattern into whatever you record with and then record it back into the 404 from there!
I was disappointed when It didnt work!!!

http://deathandco.bandcamp.com