It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:15 am

Post subject: Distortion possibly broken 404? HELP!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:51 pm 

Hey guys. Finally activated my account again to ask a question I hope someone can help me out with. I recently purchased an OG404 off eBay.

Everything works great EXCEPT it keeps receiving distortion/fuzzy noise thru the line Out. I have an SP404SX as well so I know it isn't the chord I use. I won't have anything playing but you can hear buzzing/unwanted noise. It only starts to do this when the Blue circle reaches the highest capacity before it goes back down. The headphone jack sounds just fine though when listening with headphones. I hope this OG 404 isn't broken

Post subject: Re: Distortion possibly broken 404? HELP!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:52 am 

Sounds like a grounding issue. Check out your line ouputs. The solder joint couldve loosened up over the years.

Post subject: Re: Distortion possibly broken 404? HELP!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:20 pm 

Hi there! Im a new 404 user & i just recently bought a used one, i was having kind of the same trouble, it was like this sort of electrical hum that wasnt there all the time it was like oscillating, i checked out my line in, out, mic, headphones, until i realize it might be the ac adapter (the guy who sold it give this crappy panasonic ac) i bought a new one and the problem is gone! Are you using the original one? or try using it with batteries & see if the issue remains.

Hope this can help you out, greetings from México!