It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:57 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:06 pm 

Hi

Ok, I have a request.

I have been reading the posts and I see that many of the members of this forum have MPC’s to go with their 404’s. I have an MPC2000XL and want to link it up to the 404 so that the MPC triggers samples on the 404, i.e. use the MPC as the sequencer and the 404 as the sampler / noise generator. I have read the manuals and I understand the theory. When I say I understand the theory – I understand what is supposed to happen but invariably find that it doesn’t work (nothing happens) and that the results involve a lot of swearing, frustration and generally shouting and giving up, trying again, and drinking (you get the idea). So if someone could let me know in layman’s terms, step by step how to do the above I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:59 pm 

hmm... Well, I havent actually ever Midi'd ne thing to my MPC when I had it...but im pretty sure you just go from the midi out of the MPC to the midi in on the 404 and then on the main screen on the MPC you change it from drum to midi and then set the correct channel for the bank you want to trigger and finally assign your MPC pads to the correct midi note. The 404s manual has a list of what notes/channels will trigger each specific pad/bank on the 404.

www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:08 pm 

I concur with DJ Frantic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:47 am 

You can do as DJ frantic described but you need to know that you will never be able to trigger all the samples on the 404 from an MPC2Kxl. The reason for that is quite simple, the note range you can assign to an MPC pad is smaller than the note range to which the 404 responds, this means that a couple of pads in the highest sample banks can't be triggered from the 2kxl. But apart from that it works flawless.

Last edited by pt3r on Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:25 pm 

fatlez did u get it to work? im in the same situation, except im using a mpc500

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:28 pm 

Hi historyinthemaking.

Yes indeed it did work. Many thanks for the info.

Although the samples were somewhat randomly arranged on the MPC pads... I suppose that is due to the note numbers asigned to them. Is there a way to change the midi note number assigned to an sample of the SP404 - do you just move it do the relevant pad/bank? Can you change it on the MPC?

Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:40 pm 

You cant change it on the 404. But you can change the notes of your MPCs pads in order to trigger a specific note on the 404 from a specific pad on the MPC. I think the notes each 404 pad is assigned to might be in the manual. If not you just gotta figure it out :)

www.myspace.com/djfrantic