It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:49 am

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:21 am 

well i was banging out on my sp and decided to record some patterns in and i soon discovered that the bpm is not saved with the pattern so if you make two beats with different tempos whatever you set the bpm for is gonna be for every pattern there... which is kind of shit!

How does everyone get around this? i got out my old yamaha mt4x 4track cassette recorder so im just gonna record myself playing the whole beat through or some shit....
so whats your techniques on laying down tracks?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:57 pm 

You can change the bpm with time/BPM button.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:41 pm 

Just write down the BPM for each track.

I have a small tupperware container with all of my essential small music shit (extra needles, memory cards for the 404, paper, pen, 1/8" to 1/4" adapters (you can never have enough) and other small crap like that) and I write down the BPM for each track on paper in there. Most of the stuff I make is 80-105 anyway so it's fairly easy to remember.

I suggest people go out and bu something to keep their small easily-lost shit in. I got the squre-tupperware from Glad called Gladware. It's at most supermarkets and it's like $3 for four of these things (use the other three to put yo food in). I hate it when I need a headphone adapter and I end up tearing apart my room or bag for it. Now all my shit is in one sealable hard container that's perfect size to throw in a bag. No more digging! (except in the crates)

Last edited by Nickp on Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:33 pm 

Work in the same tempo all the time? ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:31 am 

G'day. This is my 1st post so forgive me if I am unclear. When I sample something, I make the BPM the same before I sample, either software or hardware. I havent worked out recording patterns yet on the sp (I am very new) but I record live on2 my PC thru software. The problem with this is that I havent worked out how to quantize properly yet.

If i want to record an 'existing' bass line over my sampled drum loop on the sp from mc-505 I would play the loop of the drums, then find a cool bass line, change the bpm on the 505 to match, edit it to suit, then record it on the sp always using the BPM & level button before recording the sample. Oh and I use the auto sampling function, this makes the start point of the loop spot on. Page 26 of your owners manual. Then all you have to worry about is the end point when you stop the sp from recording. You know when you have it right because the LED's tell you.

Hope this helps mate and I havent missed the point 2 much ay.