It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:10 pm

Post subject: help with my sp
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:25 pm 

whats up guys. First off thanks for taking the time of day to read this topic in the forums for i am very lost right now with my sp.

So my deal is this;
I had a sp404sx recently and i loved it. I used it mainly for my live shows bc it allowed me to drop a full song onto each of the pads with my 4gb kingston sd card. Due to the financial struggle I had to let it go and during that time I got asked to play a show so i borrowed an sp404 from a friend not know the major differences in it. One wall that ive ran into is that it takes Compact Flash Cards and not SD cards. I thought it would be ok knowing that i had some CF cards at home that i used all the time for my MPC.

The CF cards i have are;
128mb
512mb
1gb
2gb

MY problem is this;
When i insert the CF card no samples come up onto the banks. The bank pads start flashing almost like its not compatible.

Do i have to format the CF card?
Is there a memory limitation when it comes to CF cards and the sp404?
Am i able to load full songs onto each pad like i was with the SX version?

Thanks again for reading this thread. I hope i can get some answers

Post subject: Re: help with my sp
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:48 pm 

Quote:
Do i have to format the CF card?

i think you've got to format the card in the sp!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:27 pm 

alright cool.
Is there a limitation to the size of CF cards?

and also how do i format the card? i dont have a manual

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:44 pm 

1gb cf card limit for og 404.

Formatting is easy, just press the lights that blink at you until they stop. I think you need to press the bank and then delete and then it says fmt, press delete again and you should be good to go. Btw if you can post here you have access to the manual. It's online in PDF version in many places.

http://www.samplekings.com/pdfs/Roland%20SP404_OM.pdf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:47 pm 

so download that shit, there's a link in SPI section for all the manuals

http://sp-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2075

it takes 1GB max, at least thats what it says in the manual, i think i've heard of people using bigger without issue, i've never done it though and wouldn't, although i got plenty of 1GB cards already so i'm good

yes you do have to format the card though, thats what it is prompting you to do when the lights are flashing on the internal banks, you press one of them, then delete will flash and you hit that, then your card will be formatted for the SP, at that point you can either record full songs in through the RCA ins, or to import like you want to do, you pop the card in a card reader, put the tracks on the card somewhere (never done this so check the manual for specifics about where to put them and how to name them), then put the card in your sp and you have to import them, which i believe is done by pressing cancel and resample at the same time, which will make rec and resample start flashing, and you hit rec to import samples (hitting resample lets you export sounds to wav), again, check the manual for the specifics on that process cause its one i never do, and good luck at the show, hopefully the OG 404 can get the job done

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:04 pm 

dope, thanks alot. I formatted the card and now everything is running smooth. My problem has been solved.

www.soundcloud.com/conrjames
check out the music in the meantime

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 6:59 am 

I have a SP box at my house that was not working well for some days so I decided to made forum that was up on it. I have to fetch the all data on it so I share www.topratedessayservice.com/ this site or write upon the description to share your solution just visit the given site that was good.