It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:29 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:58 pm 

plz! im sure someone has to know how, and im ready to use my samples

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:39 pm 
404 Award Winner '09 + Beat of the Year '09 + Tape of the Year '09

i never fucked with that korg piece but it shouldnt be to difficult, i would imagine you just get a midi cable - plug it in and begin. but here is where the problem starts -no art. that why many producers fall apart.

http://www.myspace.com/juxtkid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:09 am 

Ya man, hook up a midi cable between the two and then you gotta set the right notes/channel on the padkontrol. Your 404s manual will tell you what notes you need to program into the pad control and what channels.

www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:03 am 

Here's what I would do:

I open the padcontrol manual which I downloaded from the Korg website (I don't own a padcontroller) and on page 20 of that manual I find te complete explanation on how to assign a note number to a pad. Now you might wonder what note numbers to use, therefor I look in the sp-404 manual that came with my trusty 404 and I look in the chapter that talks about Midi implementation 'cause it's midi we're talking about right? So I end up on page 51 of the 404 manual where it states that note numbers go from 46 up to 118. Now with the info found in these 2 manuals you should be able to make the correct settings in your pad controller.
Also make sure the padcontroller and the 404 talk to eachother on the same midi channel (404 manual pg 41 and padcontroller manual pg 20).
A good midi cable from the pad controller into the 404 will do the rest of the work.

See that's how I always been dealing with MIDI issues long before there was an internet; I read manuals. This whole procedure took me 10 minutes in total including typing this post. If you still don't have a clue what we're talking about then it's about time you learn a thing or two about MIDI http://www.tweakheadz.com is an excellent start.

Last edited by pt3r on Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:59 pm 

thanks for the help, im still trying to figur out what note numbers and channel really are, i read most of that that had about midi on tweaks i still didn't see any clearify about note numbers tho im going to keep trying untill i get it right

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:48 am 

pt3r wrote:
Here's what I would do:
note numbers go from 46 up to 118..

those are more numbers than pads, so how would i set that up? i got all my pdkontrol pads on ch.10, and i start the 404 up on ch. 10, but its still a nogo, and i switches to ac power and still nothing, to heads that know what their doing and i know their out there, what is it that im mssing? what is the final key peice? am i not truing it on the right way?, GET AT ME!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:37 am 

go for yours wrote:
..., to heads that know what their doing and i know their out there, ....

Are you implying I don't know what I'm doing? That's a bit harsh but hey sticks and stones ...

Have your read that manual that came with your padKONTROL? If so you would have discovered this wonderful thing called scenes, whereby you can save all the settings assigned to the controllers and pads of the padKONTROL. The way to cover all the note numbers recognised by the sp-404 with the padKONTROL is to create different scenes. Since the padKONTROL has 16 pads you need 8 scenes to cover the whole range of 120 notes going from note 46 up to 118.

Now if you don't mind, I have other things to do and spoonfeeding is not one of those things.

Last edited by pt3r on Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:25 pm 

come on dude i asn't even tryin to say it like that, ou don't have a padkontrol. i take and try your advice tho

and spoonfeding? the plane ain't land in the hanger yet lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:23 pm 

i know you know what your doing but i know nickp has the same set up and i really want him to tell me what the problem is cause im forsure he knows

but yeah ok so i got my midi ch.on number 1 for my 404 and all the pad on the padkontrol, i start off on usb power hen i switch to ac, i turn my 404 on while holding the time/bmp down, it starts up i choose "aut", i have my midi cord conneced to both of course, both in the midi in. i press a pad on the 404 then the padkontrol then what? i get nothing

i could really use some help cause this is being a bitch

i would be much thanksful if anyone can help me figur out the problem

does it just not work with garageband or something cause i fell like im doing eveything right but its a nogo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:13 pm 

You should take it off "Auto" when the 404 starts up when you're holding TIME/BPM. Use Ctrl 1 or 2 (I think it's 2) to switch it to "OFF" so that you can control individual sounds and not sequences and everything won't be BPM'd together etc etc. I'm guessing this is the problem.

And once you make the selection it sticks so you won't have to start it up everytime and hold down TIME/BPM.

Here's what your setup should resemble (roughly) when using the PK as a midid controller to the 404:

Or anyway that's how I use it and it works great. And I keep the Padkontrol USB'd to my computer so I can switch between banging on the 404 and banging on Reason's REDRUM with the flick of the Padkontrol's power switch (from AC to USB and back and forth etc).

I know I promisded the pic to ya sooner but I've been practicing DJing like crazy for a gig tonight. Gotta give'em their money's worth.

Hope it helps.

Last edited by Nickp on Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:54 am 

hope you did well on the gig, and yes thank you this helps alot

but i still have one more question, about the rca cables, i should have them to the comp? what if the comp im usin don't have rca port? i need a big expenive sound card?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:39 am 

You can buy a cheap cable that goes from 2 rca to a mini stereo jack. Most cheap soundcards in computers have line input over mini stereo jack. This will be cheaper than buying a highend sound card.

go for yours wrote:
and spoonfeding? the plane ain't land in the hanger yet lol

LMWBAO

Last edited by pt3r on Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:27 pm 

so the comp is gonna have a mini stereo jack?

and laugh your what ass off?

lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:00 am 

White Boy / White boney ...
I think so, most cheap sound cards do va the mini stero line in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:37 pm 

So how is the padkontroll padds versus the sp-404 pads? thinkin' about getting a padkontroll myself.. both to use with my computer and the sp... mostly beacuse of the volecitysens and the midi out so i can use it with my pc.. but ow is the feel of the pads?

http://kristofferlislegaard.com/