It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:05 am

Post subject: 202 f*@ked
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:30 pm 

does anyone know why my 202 is flippin out? i turn it on and it says "rr" then displays a 0. then it starts flickering and saying 354. none of the pads work and it just sits there and flickers. anyone know what could be going on?
not to mention this was a factory sealed unit. wtf. the guy who sold it to me had two and he is gonna test the other one then trade me if it works but i sure would like to know whats wrong with this unit. could it have just sat to long? i cant figure why its doing this. thanks.

Post subject: Re: 202 f*@ked
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:53 pm 

Did you take it swimming? ha ha, cant you hold a button then turn on and it will reinitialize? Just a thought.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:57 am 

do you know what that button is i cant find it in the manual. thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:43 pm 

maybe Dj jeff just wanted to say to hold ANY button, then turn on the 202...
anyway i know that for reinitialize the midi sttings you got to hold the Source button the turn on the 202...maybe try also this...
good luck!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:47 pm 

Did you try it with batteries?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:31 pm 

yea it didnt come with a power chord so i just used some duracel.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:02 pm 

If it didn't come with a power cord something tells me it wasn't truly a factory sealed unit then... Mine came with a Boss 9V power adaptor...

Do you have a memory card in it? If so take it out for now just so you know that's not causing any problems...

Then try holding cancel and then hit delete, the delete button should then be blinking. Then go ahead and hit the Bank A/B option, that should light up, then you hit delete again, which will stay lit for a moment... This deletes all the samples on the internal memory and basically initializes it.. Keep in mind if you're familiar with the 404, the 202 takes A LOT LONGER for functions such as deleting samples, and truncating start and end points... It is normal for it to seem like it takes a while... You should get the moving squares on the screen though while this is happening...

Then try to sample something fresh onto Bank A. If you're still having problems try to use it with a power plug... You can use a standard 9V cable BUT DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK (I have a DR-202 and an SP-202 and only one official Boss 9V power supply. I often switch that between the the DR and the SP and then use a standard 9V power supply that I use for effects pedals and both machines work fine with either power supply...). If you don't want to try that at least try a different brand of batteries...

Lastly, if you're trying to sample using the RCA jacks, try to sample using the internal mic...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:04 pm 

Also, does it look like it says "Err" when you turn it on or just "rr"?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:07 am 

hey thanks dr.tad but none of that worked. none of the pads respond at all when i hit em. i didnt have a power supply to try. anyways luckily this e-bay guy is honest because he is gonna send me another one just like it. we just tested it over the phone and it seems to work from what he said. not to mention it looks like he might even be willing to let me keep this other one for spare parts which would be pretty sweet. so thanks anyways.

oh it says "rr" not Err.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:38 pm 

Word.... I'm glad the guy you got it from is being accomodating...

I'm pretty suprised that it's having problems... I've had a 202 for a while, and I've dropped it, brought it cross country in a backpack, and generally beat up on it pretty bad and I've never had so much as a hiccup from it.

It's a fun machine to use in tandem with a 303 or 404.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:08 pm 
Most Helpful Member of the Year '09

Dr. Tad Winslow wrote:
Also, does it look like it says "Err" when you turn it on or just "rr"?

Either way it probably does mean Error message 354 pops up. You might want to contact Roland and ask what this means.

I think it's probably an error related to reading memory though.

www.myspace.com/phemoxband
www.myspace.com/phemox
www.soundclick.com/phemox

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:43 pm 

Dr. Tad Winslow wrote:
If it didn't come with a power cord something tells me it wasn't truly a factory sealed unit then... Mine came with a Boss 9V power adaptor...

Do you have a memory card in it? If so take it out for now just so you know that's not causing any problems...

Then try holding cancel and then hit delete, the delete button should then be blinking. Then go ahead and hit the Bank A/B option, that should light up, then you hit delete again, which will stay lit for a moment... This deletes all the samples on the internal memory and basically initializes it.. Keep in mind if you're familiar with the 404, the 202 takes A LOT LONGER for functions such as deleting samples, and truncating start and end points... It is normal for it to seem like it takes a while... You should get the moving squares on the screen though while this is happening...

Then try to sample something fresh onto Bank A. If you're still having problems try to use it with a power plug... You can use a standard 9V cable BUT DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK (I have a DR-202 and an SP-202 and only one official Boss 9V power supply. I often switch that between the the DR and the SP and then use a standard 9V power supply that I use for effects pedals and both machines work fine with either power supply...). If you don't want to try that at least try a different brand of batteries...

Lastly, if you're trying to sample using the RCA jacks, try to sample using the internal mic...

woo my 202 was acting a little strange with the A bank, Pad one wouldnt play anything even tho there was something on there and when I tryed to delete it,it was just say ERR and freeze. That post just saved my ass! I thought i was screwed.