It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:43 pm

Post subject: the card problem, again.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:16 am 

Hi out there!

This year was my 'sampling summer' where I got really into hardware-samplers, absolutely love them!

Well, I wanted to give my 202 the chance to be more than two banks and purchased a smartmedia card from hong kong HERE.

I thought the smaller the better, or something.. so after a few weeks the card arrived and -of course- didn't work. I have no other card or 202 so I can't tell if my 202's slot may be deffect or the card is non functional... any ideas?
Has anyone purchased the same card with more success?

btw. nice to be here, I've been leeching this forum for month, now you got me :)

Post subject: Re: the card problem, again.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:48 am 
Funniest Member of the Year '09

yo, the card has to be 2 mb an old school fucker, the same one works on the mc 505, they are rare and expensive but sometimes, you can find shitty old cameras that come with them or little pocket records that have compatible cards. or maybe you can find a lot of them if your lucky.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:07 am 

Hey tape smoker,
thanx for your reply... okay so I might as well have thrown the money out of the window :(
i will keep on looking for them anyway, thanx for your advice, and for that time waiting you know what? I'm absolutely fine with my sp with two banks only! Found a disk with some sp 202 live homerecordings, it is so much fun! I recently got the 303 (with a card) but they have a very different feeling...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:54 am 
Funniest Member of the Year '09

yeah the card is kind of a novelty because the polyphony, so why not just back them up on something else, i think the card is called 32 volt. 2 mb.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:34 am 

Oh no. So what you're saying is if I have a 4mb 5volt card it won't work? It needs to be 2mb? Because that might explain why I still don't have extended sample time even when I put the 4mb card in. Shit... :?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:00 am 

The manual states 2 or 4MB 5v cards. Mine came with a 4MB card works fine.
C

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:36 pm 

Om_Audio wrote:
The manual states 2 or 4MB 5v cards. Mine came with a 4MB card works fine.
C

I wonder if there is something wrong with my 202 then. Because I'm mostly interested in the extended sampling time you get with the card, not saving samples. But every time I use the "remain" button to check the amount of sampling time left it always just says 0.32 regardless of what mode I'm sampling in (hi-fi, standard, etc.) I tested it, and I can actually sample hi-fi for 32 seconds, standard for around 1 minute, and lo-fi at around 2 minutes. But I thought this is standard for the 202 and the card should allow me to sample a lot longer. I've formatted the card too. I just don't know what the problem could be.