It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:12 pm

Post subject: combo sp202-sp404 co-dependancy issues
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:15 pm 

haha

ok I typically use my records, 202 & 404 to develop my sound library and a computer for sequencing and mixing..

the workflow is ok but I want to ask for some tips to help cut a step or two. First, I search and pull samples with the 404, later I will resample whichever samples I decide on with the 202 for additional processing mainly lo fi and filters...

I'm thinking I will create a single chain that includes both samplers so I can eliminate the step of shutting everything down and changing the routing of all the devices... as of now I can only think to route turntable>404>202 so I can resample to 202 immediately but I still have to shut down and reroute because I dump to computer with the 404's compact flash card.

If anyone can give me an idea so I can get a little more flexibility please help me out

Post subject: Re: combo sp202-sp404 co-dependancy issues
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:49 pm 

audio interface?

plug that 202 audio str8 into your computer, then record all of you sample in one audacity/reaper/whatever daw you have, ch0p them inside that thing, have fun.

BANDCAMP OF DOOM

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:14 am 

no I'm using both devices, i rely heavily on the 404s effects, eq and resampling features.. everything runs into my interface so I can hear what I'm doing but I don't like recording samples into my workstation, i like my current workflow better I'm just trying to eliminate the steps of breaking down the chain and rerouting

I use the 202 for the lo fi setting and the filters only

on example might be that I layer a clap and snare, so first off in my 404 i might process the samples then resample them together onto one pad and compress, then i will sample that hit into the 202 with lo fi setting to make it sound nasty... after that I may want to put some finishing touches (ie reverb, delay, or resample different versions with various band cuts on the isolator) with the 404...

I don't want to change the process, only the workflow.. maybe a patch bay or a mini mixer or something else to help me bounce samples between devices without unplugging and rerouting... so far I can only think to create a chain with turntable>404>202 then when I have all of my desired samples in the 202 I have to break down and reroute so it goes 202>404 so I can polish the samples off and export to compact flash.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:04 am 

Patchbay. Run the 202, 404 etc. to the patch bay. Route the signal on the front with patch cables just like the old hardware studio days. Top row on the front could be ins, bottom row could be outs...

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:28 am 

I'd go turntable to an av selector to 202, 202 outs to 404 ins then 404 headphone out back to the av selector on seperate input, 404 output to ur daw. This way an av selector lets u sample from a few different things at the flick of a switch like a poor mans patch bay

http://spinxytunes.bandcamp.com/album/n ... -beat-tape
New album!:
http://www.braincast.bandcamp.com