It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:06 am

Post subject: Chicken Systems
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:11 pm 

Do you guys use an editor to lay out patches or do you just import them in the box? I have seen the editor for chicken systems but some people on mv nation are hating on the c systems because someone "Disrespected" some one on there forum, whatever. Just wanted to know if you guys used any kind of editor. Thankx

Post subject: Re: Chicken Systems
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:35 pm 
Most Helpful Member of the Year '09

Nope, I don't use any nor that particular editor software.

I did try the Chicken Sys application and even borrowed the full version for a while, about one month after I first got my MV.

I didn't like the work flow back then compared to in-the-box sampling, but I have to say I am a kind of person that rather imports samples and chops them up inside my MV anyways.

I am sure that if people like to do chopping and additional sample tweaking in their trusty DAW, that a PC or Mac based editor will be useful for their work flow, but even importing WAV files is very fast and easy on the MV if you learn how to organize everything efficiently.

My 2cts would be, that you probably shouldn't really need such an editor. :|

www.myspace.com/phemoxband
www.myspace.com/phemox
www.soundclick.com/phemox

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:14 am 

Dj_just_jeff wrote:
"Disrespected" some one on there forum, whatever. Just wanted to know if you guys used any kind of editor. Thankx

Well it's apparent that Colemang has some connect with Chicken Systems because post are removed as soon the criticism gets heavy. As far as the disrespect I think that's an indication that Coleman doesn't actually monitor the forum. An absentee landlord in my opinion.

He does the same thing in the Open Lab section. If you don't praise OL your gets deleted. On the OL video he even states that he and Jim Stought are long time friends. My problem is that he's using an MV forum to push OL products and protect Garth. Something's just not right about that in my book.

Oh yeah, Hi guys! :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:39 am 
Most Helpful Member of the Year '09

Welcome to the forums E-Maddox, good to see you here. 8)

Yeah, I don't understand why the comments about Chicken Systems were deleted, all without warning or reason of any kind.

There was a pretty good discussion going on where people came with some very valid points about what went and still is going wrong with the folks at Chicken Systems. Long story short, I am not very tempted at all to do business with them anytime soon.

When it comes to Open Labs, I think that has got to do with some of the people behind the MVNation website being sponsored by or working for OL.

I can understand they don't want OL to think they agree with those negative comments. And having messed with a Miko a few days back at a friend's place, I can understand they must have been impressed about it all.

I hope they deleted the comments to make the forum look less hostile, because when it comes to content, it certainly has been a weird move on their side.

Even those more negative comments about OL gear, which basically came down to claims of how a good combo of different gear with a laptop can be cheaper but wield the same results making a +3000$ price tag very heavy, can't have been deleted because it was too offensive or hostile against OL.

www.myspace.com/phemoxband
www.myspace.com/phemox
www.soundclick.com/phemox