It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:10 pm

Post subject: mv is a f*ckin beast!
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:37 pm 
MV Award Winner '09

Damn today was the first day when I recorded a full blown song on mv. Since February, when I got the mv8800 there was a silence with my music... So today we did a song with lots of vocals, lots of instruments and shit. basically what i wanted to point out that as the Roland say you can easily do a whole song on it. previously i was using pc for the recording and mastering process but now im using only the mv. get it while it is still available. :) it never locks up, you never lost a thing as everything is stored in ram until you specifically delete it. (just dont forget to save the project before you turn it off :wink: ). 8+1 audio tracks is enough to do a song with vocals, back vocals, scratch, percussion etc. etc.

So my final word... I don't regret buying mv. I must admit that at first I thought that it was just another simple bulky sampler, but as I am more and more digging into it there is plenty ways to tune your tracks and shit, there is simply a different approach from most of the other samplers and some differences from a generic computer daw. Now that I am confident with my purchase and now that I can use and have used it to a full extent and shouted out greets to the MV I can return back to my studio and continue the work on my music....

peace,
olby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:42 pm 
Most Helpful Member of the Year '09

Good to hear you're glad about your MV man! I used to be totally psyched about the SP-606, until I got the opportunity to buy the MV8800, but damn it's indeed a beast.

By the way, I'd love to hear a full song (if you're allowed to)!

I am busy making somewhat of a more serious album kind of thing also, most likely vocals included (either mine or someone else's, but not really very rap-related).

It's really a lot of fun, but I am still undecided on how to record vocals. It seems recording into Reaper gives me more flexibility and editing options later on, but you are right. Recording into the MV is a very good alternative for sure, especially if the vocalists are good.

Anyways, peace and keep on rocking the MV!

www.myspace.com/phemoxband
www.myspace.com/phemox
www.soundclick.com/phemox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:03 pm 
MV Award Winner '09

Yes, we are going to release it publicly once finished.

Speaking about the software versus the hardware recording. Yes, software will always be one step (or even ten steps) ahead of the hardware. But as I have stated before at work I spend almost whole day in front of pc. When I get back home I just want get away from it and hardware gives some flexibility to do this.

And most important is that hardware especially when a bit limited makes you think out of the box. Remember that back in the days, say like even 20+ years people used to record on reels without ability to edit their recording to such extent as we can right now. With MV there is a bridge between the past and the present. When it gets limited you feel that you have to perform better, either if you sing, play or scratch. On computers there are so many options to make your sound perfect that the music becomes sterile and the performer lazy. Thats why I like my mv. It offers you something of the software, something of the hardware and lots of joy and creativity..

olby,