It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:04 am

Post subject: Good price for a mv8000?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:04 pm 

So im thinking about dumping ( or setting aside) my 606 and for an mv8000. I just need something more powerful as far as sequencing, tracks, and polyphony. What is a good price for one of these bad boys?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:41 pm 
Most Helpful Member of the Year '09

Anything between 400$ and 900$ is an excellent deal, for anything above 1000$ I would advice to simply save some more money and go for a (secondhand or new) MV8800 instead. (A secondhand MV8800 sometimes goes for 1100$ )

Good luck!

Ah by the way, from time to time Guitar Center is giving them away for under 400$ secondhand, so if you pay attention, you might get lucky... :)

For what it's worth... personally I think the MV8000 is worth about 1250$, but because of their bad reputation and the fact that there's a MV8800 as well they go for mad cheap.

www.myspace.com/phemoxband
www.myspace.com/phemox
www.soundclick.com/phemox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:00 pm 

don't go more than 7. you can find them all over for less.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:39 pm 
MV Award Winner '09

MV IS PRICELESS, you hear me it's priceless!!! and because of those fools who cant master it has this bad reputation... I now have a new checkpoint in my life, - I will teach everyone how to use the MV with my videos online. This machine deserves more attention as there are NO SIMILAR MACHINES around!!! Thats true...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:25 pm 
Most Helpful Member of the Year '09

Preach on hahaha. 8)

I checked the MPC5000 out as well back when I was thinking about buying a new sampler. The MPC2500, MPC5000 don't come close to the MV for the most part, it's basically still a one of it's kind machine.

Buying an MV8800 for under 7 is something of an insult to the machine, the bad reputation thing is crazy;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwYbXeZEW0c

It's funny, the guy in this youtube movie still thinks he somehow got a 'broken' MV ... and that was what made the timing off. LOL. It's him that's off with his timing, the machine has no magical timing issues.

www.myspace.com/phemoxband
www.myspace.com/phemox
www.soundclick.com/phemox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:02 pm 
MV Award Winner '09

Yeah he said that the HDD was broken so that's why his timing was off on the previous MV! Hahaha I know computers very well and I could guarantee that the HDD has nothing to do with his timing as everything on MV is stored in ram during the playback and sequencing process.

Sad but due to this bad rep they lost interest in MV I guess also thats why Mike got fired from Roland US.

Anyways don't listen to any fool saying that the MV has any of those problems mentioned just get it use it and you will learn it and find out that this talk about MV problems was all just a bullisht!