It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:07 am

Post subject: GOT MY MV88 BABY!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:54 pm 
MV Award Winner '09

yeah bitch, slap me.... slap me like never before coz it's finally here..... :D

Seems it is working nicely, no probs currently. Oh and by the way those who think that MV8800 projects load very slowly, well I don't think so. Maybe if you are used to a 1.2 mb MPC sized beats that fit onto a floppy it may seem a bit slower but consider that you are loading for example 30-60 mb of sample data - that is not streaming from harddrive it is perfectly fine....

stay tuned will be posting my progress on how well it all goes down with this baby.....

p.s. fuck the goverment they took those mf*ckin taxes from me of a used gear !! what the f*ck this is the first time someone charged taxes on used gear here in my country :(

..oh man drooling all over the pads... :roll:

Post subject: congrats
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:47 pm 

wat up olby,

you finally got it hey let me know if you were able to download any of the free sample kits roland will let you download on there site if not let me know and i will make a yousendit download file for you. oh yeah your 8800 harddrive can be upgraded to a 120 gig harddrive . have fun and bang the shit out of those pads for me lol .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:36 am 

I can wait to hear your new tracks on the the MV Olby and yeah that sucks for your extra taxes but at least you got your mv!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:14 pm 
MV Award Winner '09

yeah homies last night I went to bed at around 4am when i was already bangin the pads with my head.. :)

but man, this machine so deep ... just mad deep there is many ways to do things and so much to learn. this is just awesome!

yo rich thanks for the offer. the previous owner of course messed with the original patches so i formatted the hd and dropped back all original instruments that phemox sent me. i also got them from website as you said, so i new have all the original samples on my mv.

yo and speaking about timing THERE ARE NO F*CKIN issues with it as some might say you just need to get comfortable with the fact that quantize up on mv is non destructive unlike mpc you change it real time so there is definitely no problems with timing you just have many more options than on any other machine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:53 pm 
Most Helpful Member of the Year '09

Word! I never ever had quantize issues coming from the SP series (the 606 has non-destructive quantize as well) and it's really mainly a matter of paying attention to the metronome and doing your thing anyways.

My StyleFlip cover just arrived in the mail, will post pictures soon. 8)

www.myspace.com/phemoxband
www.myspace.com/phemox
www.soundclick.com/phemox

Post subject: quantize
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:03 pm 

yeah that who'll thing was alot of bad hype they put on the mv and now that cat's are using the mv more they see it was all bullshit it started when alot of guy's who use to own mpc's started using mv's they didn't read the manual or watch the video tutorials me included cause you get three ways to quantize on the mv trust me i sold mine cause of that i didnt understand all of that and went and got a mpc 1000 connected to my sp 505 but i felt really limited so i sold and was gonna get a mpc 5000 but something told me i should give the mv a second shot so i picked up the one i have now in nov 08 and got the mv workshop booklet the one for mpc users who now have mv's and watched the quantize video tutorial for the 8800 that i finally got it now i would never by any mpc product again the mv is a very under rated piece of equipment so my next move is the 8800 .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:27 pm 
MV Award Winner '09

yeah it's second day since I put my hands for the first time on mv 8800 and i am starting to feel comfortable. maybe some time soon my first joints drop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:40 pm 

Very cool.

Yeah, I'm convinced people can really get started making beats within the first week, in the end it's really not that complicated when it comes to navigation and so on. It's just different from an MPC. 8)

www.myspace.com/phemox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:05 pm 
MV Award Winner '09

hey guys later that day when I got my MV I made this lil' Isaac Hayes style beat. In this snippet I learned how to chop up samples, how to chromatically pitch them all over the keyboard. Learned about MV's sequencing and quantization options. I also got to meet the all mighty pattern mode and pattern track which in my opinion is very great feature on mv. And last but not least got vocals recorded into the mv using various effects and such. Basically even such advanced and feature rich machine is quite straight forward to learn if you have an experience with different samplers- the process is same only the function names and the path to get them is slightly different.

anyways here it is, enjoy (soundclick accepts only low quality mp3's so the overall quality is low, but on MV it was excellent)

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7315600&q=hi

I have lot's of projects currently going on and waiting to be transferred to MV and finished, so ya'll be hearing from me more often.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:52 pm 

hey cool beat. the mv-8800 sounds so flippin cool from your descriptions :shock:

Post subject: olby
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:57 pm 

yeah man that first track you did sounds like your really learning the mv pretty quick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:22 pm 
MV Award Winner '09

shmedy wrote:
hey cool beat. the mv-8800 sounds so flippin cool from your descriptions :shock:

thanks. yeah the mv is just what the doctor recommends,..

richiedinero wrote:
yeah man that first track you did sounds like your really learning the mv pretty quick.

hehe i'm a fast learner all around and using three different samplers in the past contributes to this fact a lot. as far as I remember I mastered 505 fully in about a week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:50 pm 

cool beat Olby...
you made a nice progression going from the 404 to the 505 to the 1k and now the MV.

i understand why noobs want to jump on a MPC or MV when the 404 and or the 505/606 heck the 555 are available and while limted they're still powerful machines...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:08 am 

Hi all folks:)

Just wanna give Olby a shout and say that u got nice beats on yo´homepage...just banging nice beats....one of them is "Smooth"...all the best to ya..now i vill go to my own MV-8800 and make some beats:)

Yours n peace man
Cnl TAF

"Please Roland give us a proper sampler again,...and don´t make it complex, A SP-606 with say 24 or 32 voices 8 indu outs that´s enough....it would be great"...;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:38 pm 

Cool, even more MV people. Be sure to hop on over to the MV battles as well.

www.myspace.com/phemox