It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:29 am

Post subject: New MV8000
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:51 pm 

Edit, just posted on roland clan forum too

Hi, I have a few questions.

Is this the best Forum to get MV help/inspiration, or is there another MV community that is more active?

Just got my MV off eBay today, it has sounds and projects on it from the previous owner, I was thinking it might be best to erase everything and start from scratch, what do you reckon? If so any pointers has to how to completely wipe it clean and start a fresh would be appreciated.

It is not in the best condition, although not too bad it seems to have had a ram upgrade and the VGA card added. It has a crappy master volume knob that seems a bit sketchy, anyone had any experience swapping out components such as the master knob?

Help appreciated.

Cheers,
Dunc

Post subject: Re: New MV8000
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:52 pm 
Most Helpful Member of the Year '09

Well to be honest, there never were a lot of MV heads on here. I still own a MV8800 myself though.

I'd imagine the master switch is probably an easy fix by most standards, but I remember from changing out my pads that there's quite a lot of electronics nearby. You're going to need some time and planning in terms of taking care of screws and remembering how to put it back together again. In short, I'd generally not advise taking it apart if you don't absolutely have to. For spare parts I would call Roland and see if they still have any available. I wouldn't expect exchanging parts to be all that easy, but aside from changing the pads I have messed with that.

As for a full machine reset. I'm somewhat sure you can do a factory reset from within the device itself, but... I would connect the MV to a PC through USB first (as external drive) and do a manual back-up of all files first. Make sure not to start or allow an auto-start of Windows Media Player, as it can sometimes crash the MV.

I've not done a reinstall of sounds or instruments on my MV8800, so unfortunately I can't really be of help there. I think the sounds should be on one of the CDs that goes with the MV, but I wouldn't risk bricking your machine.

www.myspace.com/phemoxband
www.myspace.com/phemox
www.soundclick.com/phemox