It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:17 pm

Post subject: Another Mv8000 user here!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:24 pm 

Hey! Long time I have not been here!

After sold mySp808 I got a Sp555 and get rid of it in weeks be ause I did not like it. Then i got a Mc909 but had to sell it cause i was without job.
Then I got an Mpc2500 and another Esx1, but I sold them cause I moved to another country and picked a Maschine up.
I hated it, so i sold it and bought an Ipad2 32GB.

I have been using the ipad for production for two years and my laptop and a Numark Mixtrack Pro 2 for Djing. I have a very low budget but I am always visiting pawn shops to find a deal, and finally the other day was my day!

I found a barely used Mv8000 with the 1.0 OS on it for only 275€! It had only 128MB of RAM, but I bought a 512MB Dimm for 5€ on eBay. It has the original hdd on it but i plan on fitting a new one because I want this machine in my desk for years!

It doesnt have the vga grade but I plan on doing it by myself, I bought a Vga and ps2 connectors and i will place them in the machine, but i dont know the exact wiring, any clue? Can anyone make some pictures of their machine so i can replicate the wiring?

I'm falling in love with this machine every time I power it up or every time I read about it or watch a youtubes video.

I like that it is huge, but it is too much and it is a bit tiring for me to play with it., so i bent some metal and made some legs to lean it towards my face, and then made a holder for the ipad to use it over the Mvs screen as a synth controlled by the mv pads.

I will post some pictures later.

Post subject: Re: Another Mv8000 user here!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:14 pm 

cool to know you're a MV user, ex mc909... i got the 909 i like it a lot, but the MV is another beast to consider. for the moment i stay like that, but who knows...
ps
viva barça!! ps (said from an inter fc supporter :) )