It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:57 pm

Post subject: online blog digging
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:50 pm 

http://myjazzworld.blogspot.com

Just came across this when looking for a picture of the ramsey lewis piano player album cover. seems like a cool resource and i kind of like the idea better than blogs that have straight up samples or known grooves, this feels more like digging, but just in digital form. there's tons of stuff and lots of japanese jazz it looks like.

I still prefer to actually hit up the second hand stores/thrift shops, but this is cool for learning, or if there is something that you just haven't been able to find if, you live in a town like mine that's pretty limited in it's record digging resources.

wasn't sure if i should but this here or in the library, if it would be better in the other forum feel free to move it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:01 pm 

gotta do what you gotta do, i know i learn alot from doin this, i'm not doin it to find samples or anything, just to keep listenin to good music and learning, plus, you find shit online that you will never ever find at the record shop, i copped so much sun ra that i probably would of never found otherwise, and i usually can't pass up the temptation of spendin my money on a record i already heard and have on my pod but i know i feel, maybe its got somethin on it i've wanted to sample but didn't want to do off my pod, either way, keep diggin, and always take a trip back to your local diggin spot(s)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:05 pm 

Dr Van Nostrand wrote:
gotta do what you gotta do, i know i learn alot from doin this, i'm not doin it to find samples or anything, just to keep listenin to good music and learning, plus, you find shit online that you will never ever find at the record shop, i copped so much sun ra that i probably would of never found otherwise, and i usually can't pass up the temptation of spendin my money on a record i already heard and have on my pod but i know i feel, maybe its got somethin on it i've wanted to sample but didn't want to do off my pod, either way, keep diggin, and always take a trip back to your local diggin spot(s)

true, i agree 100%

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:56 pm 

now thats real shyt, bringing music from one genre from all over, who can complain. im marking that site in my favs, man... thanks

http://soundcloud.com/spforumspodcast/podcast-q/s-6qvGJ
[email protected]
http://www.twitter.com/dirtykics