It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:14 am

Post subject: Re: Isn't annoying whennn
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 2:11 am 

Thats why I'm glad that I used to be into DJing/Turntablism because I already spent years digging. Now that I've moved on to producing, I just sample what I've collected over the years. The thought of spending a day digging just makes me tired. :|

http://heatvision.bandcamp.com/

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:43 am 

Man, in this past week I've accumulated so much...I spent the whole day...well, not the whole day, but a while going through ish with a pad of post-its writing down break descriptions and track names. I'm almost half-way through the stack. I went digging on friday, my man surprised me with some things he found and one of my friends who passed away this December's collection was passed over to me on sunday, and my step dad sent over some things he got from someone yesterday. Plus I still have some un-heards drifting around from before.

It can be fun, but sometimes that ish is exhausting. I was trying to be proactive and sort out my collection but I guess maybe it may be better to just do things one record at a time? I needed some drums so that is why I started going through everything.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:00 pm 

Must be a really surreal feeling going through your friend that passed collestion..beatmaking is such a spiritual thing to me as is- can't imagine what that would be like. I got a feeling those records could end up resulting in your best work...

Btw mecha, i was just joking about not knowing you were female.. 8)

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:13 am 

Yeah, it's kind of weird but it's also interesting at the same time.

We were kind of going through some things before she passed and weren't really talking so it is kind of cool to see what she was into. I didn't go through much of her stack but I would love to make something out of one of her joints. I'm supposed to be performing at this mental health benefit thing in her honor so I could play it then.

She kind of cut off all of the people who cared about her and ended up with a new circle of friends so she could like...have a new personality. We have a mutual friend who got cut off much later than I did and how he describes who she became is like a total different person than who I knew. Her new friends are all a bunch of tight jean wearing, dougie-ing, drake worshipping douche bags and if they even show up to this thing, I'm hoping to bring some heavy beats to just crumble their weak frequency. I know they are not responsible for what she did but like... I don't think I can even look at them without wanting to hit somebody. Heck, just seeing people dougie does that to me already lol.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:02 am 
Winner of Gold Medal
Winner of Gold Medal

Hey Mecha if your still looking for a phono preamp i got this -> http://www.amazon.com/ART-Pre-II-Phono- ... B000AJR482
I can sell to you for cheap (sp-forums/toronto discount lol)

I got a ttx now and its got a built in preamp so I don't need it anymore - it's just collecting dust along with a bunch of other stuff I haven''t gotten around to selling - let me know

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:14 pm 

Oh no, it's cool Tee. I got it sorted out. Thanks anyway!

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:42 pm 

On some very real shit-I'm really sorry about your friend...and good luck at the bennefit-that's definitely a cause close to my heart. Takes a lot of guts and strength to get up there in a situation like this-i hope her new people in attendance stop and think about who her true friends were. I've been in the same situation before,i know where you're at...stay positive and rock it! Peace