It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:22 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Who made the beats? (choose 10 or less)
Poll ended at Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:54 pm
adru  4%  4%  [ 9 ]
Amable  1%  1%  [ 3 ]
Antee  5%  5%  [ 12 ]
BlackSnow  0%  0%  [ 1 ]
COMPUTERS  5%  5%  [ 12 ]
Count Sierackula  2%  2%  [ 4 ]
Creep Nasty  3%  3%  [ 7 ]
dibiase 1  10%  10%  [ 25 ]
Dj_just_jeff  1%  1%  [ 3 ]
dman500  1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Doctakay  0%  0%  [ 1 ]
elhuana  7%  7%  [ 17 ]
Ellaguru  3%  3%  [ 8 ]
fauna (faunaflage)  3%  3%  [ 6 ]
iG9  0%  0%  [ 0 ]
IIIII  6%  6%  [ 14 ]
JayLost  5%  5%  [ 12 ]
j.griz  1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Jmoki  2%  2%  [ 4 ]
jonwayne  7%  7%  [ 17 ]
juxt  2%  2%  [ 4 ]
kel  3%  3%  [ 8 ]
Lazyfoot23 (aka LFDOOM24MILLI)  0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Oaxaca  3%  3%  [ 6 ]
ormo  4%  4%  [ 10 ]
project waxwick  3%  3%  [ 8 ]
sp404beatz  0%  0%  [ 1 ]
SteveC  1%  1%  [ 3 ]
Teewok  4%  4%  [ 9 ]
timfromtexas  2%  2%  [ 4 ]
Wax Inspektor  8%  8%  [ 18 ]
wundrkut  4%  4%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 240
 Post subject: Re: Battle 55 (the Roland™ sponsored one): Voting!!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:23 pm 

good stuff guys. i had a tough time splitting hairs with these... really enjoyed listening to everyone's music though. thanks for your reviews and votes (wow, fer realz?)

adru: nice beat. impressive melodic arrangement. sounds like something out of a movie.
amable: cool reversed sounds. nice strings 1/2 way through. like the mix from there to the end.
8) antee: sweet guitar chops. nice drums. cool string switch ups, beat drop. very chill.
black snow: not enough sample chops / too many presets.
8) computers: brought the funk.nice 1st change up where the drums settle in. cool fill transition into the stabs into the pitch fx out. some nice tweeks in there.
count sierackula: solid beat. lots of different pieces jumping in and out.
creep nasty: sweet intro. nice buzzy drums. some cool different feels, but a little too repetitive for me.
8) dibiase: dope. nice stuttery change-ups. very nice grooves.
dj just jeff: groovy. dark. nice beat drop, like the way it came back in.
dman5000: dark. cool drum intro. chill. cool drone with the guitar chops. liked the string breakdown at the end.
docta kay: good funky drum beat. nice beat drops.
elhauna: cool panned cymbals. nice change ups. nice bass bumps. good guitar chops.
8) ellaguru: good progression. liked the twist up about 1/2 way thru and how that carried thru to the end. knockin drums.
8) fauna: chilled out. groovy. very relaxed. good mix of elements. good pan between parts. nice flow from start to finish. very cool.
ig9: dig the glitch. second half got more interesting.
8) iiiii: sandy. tropical. feels like i'm on a beach in a video game. gets a little dark at the end. liked this one a lot.
jay lost: nice melody. groovy beat. nice change up 1/2 way. liked the way the drums come back. nice fade out.
jgriz: nice bass line. cool sounds coming out of nowhere, making me think something's buzzing around my apartment outside the headphones. groovy.
jmoki: nice progression. cool sounds. seemed short though.
jon wayne: very cool intro. super dope beat. lost me a little on the transitions. main groove was hot.
juxt: chill. nice guitar chops, strings. nice pitch bending at the end.
kel: chill. ambient. lots of nice change up and different parts.
lazyfoot23: nice stutters and delays. cool honk sounds panning between the hits.
8) oaxaca: cool drums. nice guitar chops into pitch bend! dig the pitch build ups.
ormo: cool scratches, squelches, and stutters. some nice different feels. a little too noisy for me.
sp404beatz: solid beat. nice drum fills.
8) stevec: nice funky beat. sweet atmospheric sounds. like how they mix with the guitar, especially at the end.
8) teewok: got me nodding. chill strings / guitar. nice switches. good chops with the guitar coming in more at the end. very cool.
timfromtexas: solid. liked the break down at the end. wanted to hear that main melody drop in and out or change up a little more.
8) wax inspektor: eerie. very cool and controlled. nice change ups and break downs. dope.
wundrkut: nice chill beat. good change ups. cool guitar stutters.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:22 pm 
Site Admin

Okay, the poll is closed. I will verify the votes and announce the winners.

Of course you guys can already count the votes yourself and see who are the winners, but I'll have to verify the votes first to make it official.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:36 am 

oh shitty. polls closed.

I slacked off and put this off until today (sunday). It's 8:30 p.m. my time. My neighbor moved out and with him went the internet connection. hehe. 4 years of free internet and now it's finally time to pay. Anyway, though my votes won't "officially" count I still found the feedback to be very helpful. I will listen to all the tracks and write my review/comments/whatever on all the tracks. Then I will list the top ten tracks I would have voted for.

Sorry people for slacking on this one. Big up to everyone who compeeted. Keep battling.

pushing buttons and shit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:37 am 

aiight peeps.

Please remember that I have listened to the beats and have been pretty honest with most of my comments. I, in no way, shape, or form intend to offend anyone. This is meant to be taken as constructive criticism which I find helpful.

Most of my votes go to those who are doing their own thing and experimented with the sample. I have nothing but respect for my fellow sp'ers and I hope we meet in battle again. Let's go rock this world.

:) adru - Diggin' it. Kind of reminds me of a victorious type of Rocky song. I feel like running up a damn mountain, getting to the top and screaming, "what now bitches, I own this fuckin' mountain." uh-huh

amable - Choppy. Sounds good about a third of the way through. I do like when the music chills out for a bit halfway though. Music is so subjective but I think the strings are a bit loud.

antee - basic beat. Nothing super fancy going on here. I could definetely see someone able to flow over this. Has a nice somewhat dirty sound. I like ending on this type of hit too.

black snow - Not too bad. Again, basic beat but still cool. A little short and leaves me wanting more but lacks something to keep me interesting in listening.

:) computers - WORD UP! aw jeah! Liked it the second I hit play. Funky feel, fast drums, vinyl flutter, oh yeah. Solid rocking sound. Keeping my heading nodding. Feel like getting up and getting down in the middle of this coffeeshop. Give me more. +++01101010001 WOAH, fuckin' a, good job dude.

:) count sierackula - Very unique sounding. Like the dark muffled drums. I like how you created and crafted your sounds. A lot of the beats on here I am finding to be very basic and don't do much more than lay a beat over a few looped sections. So props to you for doing your own thing and having a different sound.

creep nasty - Less volume on the string swirls. More punch on drums. Reminds me of a radiohead. I don't know why but maybe because it has more of sadder feel. Although after listening to it, it is difficult because those looped strings are very high pitched and loud. I need to turn it off.

:) dibiase - Love when the song drops about 1/4 of way in. Reverse strings sound really great. You are definitely rocking the this sample. Some of the beats on hear lack feeling. I am feeling yours, no doubt. You are the master of mutes and chief of change-ups. :) Overall, super solid entry.

dj just jeff - It's ok. It has a lot of similar feel to quite a few of the entries. A lot of people have used the looped string sample in the background. This sounds a bit loud in your mix and might be better off nestled in the background.

dman 5000 - More of the same looped string sample and basic hip hop beats over top. I am sorry but after listening to a few of these tracks, this sounds very similar and not very eventful. I do dig the beat change ups occuring towards the end of the track.

doctakay - Like your use of the reverse strings in parts. Similar sound to a lot of beats but well done. Had my head rocking, short and sweet, get in and get the f' out.

:) elhuana - Very cool use of panning. This is a very cool beat. Great job on the pauses and pickups of the tracks. There is a very good flow to this and I could see some ripping this shiz up on the mic. You like dibiase are a master of the mutes. Two thumbs up, keep rockin it.

:) ellagru - Killer drums from get go. Hell yeah the sounds you introduce a third of the way in are very tight. Sounds just keep getting better and better. I am glad to see some people take it further and sculpting their own sounds. Big up to you dude.

fuana flage - A+ for panning and swirling around my head. Top-notch sound with headphones. Very dreamy track. Good shit to relax too. I like the computery crackling sounds that occur just before halfway.

IG9 - Very different sound. I like this but it lacks a lot. Tighten them drums, kick up the bpm and your in biz. But right now, I dunno about this. I am not so wild about the bpm looper use at the end. This is very popular right now but I think caution should be used with this as it can tire the listener very easy.

:) IIII - This is super fuckin' sick. Way to keep my head knodding. Damn. I have to say one of the top tracks for sure. Now we just need some dirty mouthed mother fucker ie. Dirt McGirt to spit some real raw shit. Sick. Period.

:) jay lost - Good drums. I like the middle when it gets really dreamy, this is very cool. I like hearing others experiment with changing the sample and tweaking it to form new sounds.

:( j.griz - What the fuck is this. You should quite making music. j/k :)

jmoki - Very cool timing on your beats. Like that it is short sweet and punchy. Has a nice drive to it.

:) jon wayne - Howdy partner! Very cool style. Let's grab our six shooters boys, it's time for some killing. (guns blazing in air) Almost like you are telling a story with this track. Seems as if there is a protagonist, antagonist, conflict and resolution, all wrapped up in one pretty nice little song. Kind of like a musical burrito. A yummy burrito.

juxt - Sweet kicks. I dig the drums the most but I kind of crave more from the song. After hearing a lot of tracks use those strings my ears are beginning to hurt. Nice crackle through the track.

:) kel - I like the suspenseful build up. This is sick. This is straight tripped the fuck out. I like it. You definitely get one of my votes. But killer use of effects to process these sounds. Stay original and do your own thing. Big up!

lazy foot 23 - Sweet sounds. This is pretty cool. I like that it has a nice simple clean sound. I like that typewriter sort of sound panned to the left. It's dope.

:) Oaxaca - Oh shit. I might be freaking out. This would be perfect for some horror type shit. Music to drive your fucking car off a cliff to. Very fucking awesome. Holy hell, you wrecked this shit. DOPE. Up there with top 3 for sure.

:) ormo - Tight. Up there towards the top. Doing your own thing. Keep it up man this is very cool and I dig a lot of the stuff on your myspace. Now for constructive criticism, some of the higher pitched sounds before the middle are too loud for me and I wish the drums were beefed up and kicking my ass. Overall you rock and keep doing your thing. BIG UP!

project waxwick - I like your drum progressions. Great work on the drums. Very tight.

sp404 beatz - Sorry dude. Your name starts with an s and falls towards the end of this list. My ears are really tired of the strings. I wish I would have heard yours sooner as the chops are some of the best among the bunch using the same chunk of sound. The short chops are very cool. Nice timing. Overall, killer entry.

:) steve c -Like woah! Yeah boy keep this coming. DNB feel! love it for real! You get one of my votes for keeping this shit rocking. I would love to hear a british mc flow real fast over this shit. Oh damn. I like how you slowed it down. Pimp bass. Fuck yeah dude. Nice tune.

teewok - Tightest bass kicks of all the entries. It sounds good overall. The rest sounds very similar to the approach a lot of people took.

tim from texas - howdy! It's aiight. Similar sound to a lot of the other beats. I prefer to seeing people work with the sample a little more. Too many entries were simple loops of the same sound. This led to a lot of the same sounding beats. Sorry just being real.

:) wax inspektor - Word up wax! Dirty dirty drums. I feel like I am wading through a thick ass swamp trying to figure out how and why I got in this fucking swamp to begin with. I like the chill somewhat organ sound you used throughout. The notes you play on this are very soothing. I dig your track a lot. BIG UP!

wundrkut - Very rough and tough sound. You need to send this to a bad mother like kimbo slice for his walk out song. Let's get ready to ruuuuuuuumble! WHEW! You are the last track. That was quite a bit of work.

Yeah so what I voted for 14 people. My vote doesn't count because I am a slacker. Sorry if my votes could have helped pushed someone closer to that faceplate.

big up! keep battling.

pushing buttons and shit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:47 am 

j . griz good lookin on the input regardless wheter or not its a lil late. i love the bassline on ur joint. i call that a slumper when its low end bass that subs.lol so was that subsonic efx by itself for that bass? if u dont mind me askin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:07 am 

dj just jeff i wish u used a lil bit more of the sample throughout the beat , but other than that i like the drum programmin and the change up very dope. overrall its a raw beat. i can hear ill mc spittin on it. IG9 i wish u also used a lil more of the sample throughout the beat. definitely some next ish and im a fan of the bpm looper. i can understand the broken beat style just a lil more more candy on top of the drums. IIII ur beat is dope like the echo on the drums so it made the snare sound crazy., and the efx on the sample dope . definitely like how u structured the track then it ends then fades back in . full of suprises overrall dope beat.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:52 am 

melt ya face off beat with jonwayne on the lyrics stop by the page to peep out.
www.myspace.com/diabolic1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:56 am 

j.griz wrote:
aiight peeps.

big up! keep battling.

ahaha
thanx for you comments and , above all, for your auto-irony comment...it's cool to hear it, good state of mind.
see you in other battles, please.

ciao

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:23 pm 
Newcomer of the Year '09

Ah good, now that the voting's over, I can finally be honest about everyone else's beats.
You all sucked!!!

FORMERLY KNOWN AS COMPUTERS OR AKADEMIK

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:24 pm 
Newcomer of the Year '09

:P

Just playing.
Great jobs on the beats, guys, and thanks to everyone for participating.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:20 pm 

COMPUTERS wrote:
Ah good, now that the voting's over, I can finally be honest about everyone else's beats.
You all sucked!!!

:D :D :D :D

...but maybe it's true... :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:52 pm 
Newcomer of the Year '09

ellaguru wrote:
:D :D :D :D

...but maybe it's true... :)

No, it's not. You had one of the best beats in my opinion, by the way.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:24 pm 
Awesome Member

:shock: I placed second...?! :lol: :lol: :lol: Great!
...so whats the next step on this one...? Should the top10 dudes send keesj the adress where the plates go or how is this working?!

Once more: Great battle guys!!! 8)

* btw. "the mind" (j.wayne+dib) is really dope!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:25 pm 
555 Award Winner '09

dibiase 1 wrote:
melt ya face off beat with jonwayne on the lyrics stop by the page to peep out.
http://www.myspace.com/diabolic1

shits dope fam!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:37 pm 
Site Admin

The winners are announced! Let's continue the conversation in this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6035&p=52907#p52907

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5