Gordy X  20%  20%  [ 3 ]
iG9  0%  0%  [ 0 ]
IIIII  40%  40%  [ 6 ]
sp404beatz  0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Spacey  20%  20%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 15
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:18 am 

i played spacey and voted right away because it was smooth like I expected, but man if i gave all a full listen idk iG9 might have got my vote that track is classy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:33 am 

harmony one wrote:
i played spacey and voted right away because it was smooth like I expected, but man if i gave all a full listen idk iG9 might have got my vote that track is classy

lol

yo you are supposed to listen to em all ... then vote. knuclehead :roll:

edit: been mad busy... ill give em all a listen tomorrow. Hopefully poll will still be open. Otherwise someone is getting a courtesy vote.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:44 pm 

harmony one wrote:
Uh... yeah. This is definitely an issue. People who vote without taking the time to listen to all the tracks are kindof cheating everyone who went to the effort of participating in the battle. Having more people stop in and vote is great, but you should really take the time to give em all a listen.

And that's not meant to take anything away from Spacey's beat, cause it was definitely a top entry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:53 pm 
Awesome Member

harmony one wrote:
nice. all tracks were dope.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:02 pm 

Count Sierackula wrote:
harmony one wrote:
Uh... yeah. This is definitely an issue. People who vote without taking the time to listen to all the tracks are kindof cheating everyone who went to the effort of participating in the battle. Having more people stop in and vote is great, but you should really take the time to give em all a listen.

And that's not meant to take anything away from Spacey's beat, cause it was definitely a top entry.

technically one can vote however they choose, plenty of people vote in elections without knowing all candidates. it's not that big of a deal, excuse me for voting on impulse when i heard a really sick jam that seemed impossible to be beat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:07 pm 

harmony...thas what i do mostly :oops: lol sorry for now on ill listen to all. i swear

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:09 pm 

^hahahahaha :D

shit, I rescheduled my voting and now after I've heard all the beats and wanted to vote, the votings is closed :P I would vote Spacey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:40 pm 

harmony one wrote:
Count Sierackula wrote:
harmony one wrote:

technically one can vote however they choose, plenty of people vote in elections without knowing all candidates. it's not that big of a deal, excuse me for voting on impulse when i heard a really sick jam that seemed impossible to be beat.
Technically, yes... but it shouldn't be a difficult concept to grasp. I think whoever is collecting the vote wants to feel that they got a legit vote, and if you're not listening to all the beats, then your vote ain't really legit. 8)

Anyways... congrats on a well deserved victory IIIII. You got the magic touch homie. Props again to everyone who was able to put something together. Maybe next rounds sample won't be such a ball-buster. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:04 pm 

It was my first battle and the first track I did in a SP, so I wasn't expecting votes, but it is frustating that people votes without listen all the tracks.
I may be wrong but I think the main point of the battles is not the vote but hear the diversity of beats people can do with the same samples.

Congratulations IIIII, I'm looking forward to hear which samples you are going to choose for the next battle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:28 pm 
Most Helpful Member of the Year '09

@CamiloM: Just a for your info. I thought your beat wasn't bad at all. A bit monotonous and lacked switch-ups to make it a bit more diverse, but the basic beat you got going was good, especially for a 'first' beat. My first beats were total crap, yours isn't.

www.myspace.com/phemoxband
www.myspace.com/phemox
www.soundclick.com/phemox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:40 pm 

I´m for SPACEY :!: His track sounded like a "Free Jazz Remix" ..nicely arranged :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:46 pm 

PHeMoX: Thanks for the comments. I joined the battles because I think is a good way of learning the machine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:17 am 

all the "Rock the vote" stuff..., chill. This is about fun! which is why I like it, well that and the one week limit motivates people to hurry and finish which, imho, is a good thing. It is all about friendly competition and constructive criticism. This forum is here to help us all. Be good and be safe all; squash the bull.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:57 am 
303 Award Winner '09

Congrats on the win IIIII, nicely done as usual. Now the pleasure of picking the next sample is upon you. On a side note I really hope everyone that votes will take the time to give every entry a listen and possibly some constructive criticism. Big thanks to the Count for loading the beats on the box.net account and holdin' down the arena, I didn't get to vote but I would've voted for sp404beatz.

Last edited by Euclid Ov Oåklånd on Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:50 am 

I don't take the voting that serious either. I mean, off course I do listen to all the entries and then decide which one'll get my vote, but for me it's not the vote that makes The Arena so cool. You know where I'm getting at, it's the fun that matters *gg*

I still guess that most people here don't vote randomly, most of us do give explanations why they voted for a specific track and also give props to the others they listened to.