It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:34 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

VOTE
Poll ended at Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:56 pm
IIIII  31%  31%  [ 4 ]
DK Axis  8%  8%  [ 1 ]
mattb  0%  0%  [ 0 ]
JayLost  8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Drewzle  15%  15%  [ 2 ]
Wax Inspektor  15%  15%  [ 2 ]
juxt  0%  0%  [ 0 ]
adru  23%  23%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 13
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:25 pm 

wow,am i seriously the first to vote for wax?this isnt just a return vote,that shit is fresh...just my type of beat.and as much as i like and respect a lot of kids on this board,these battles need some more hip hop flavor in them.thats really no offense to anyone,its just kinda crazy that a couple of these beats have been judged to be better than wax's joint-just my humble opinion.
juxt i tried to listen to your beat like 8 times and it wouldnt play...?i would've kept trying but i gotta get to school and i wantd to get my vote in before the poll is closed.peace to all

www.myspace.com/druphit

www.myspace.com/adruthemisphit

www.myspace.com/beird

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:41 pm 
Awesome Member

adru wrote:
wow,am i seriously the first to vote for wax?this isnt just a return vote,that shit is fresh...just my type of beat.and as much as i like and respect a lot of kids on this board,these battles need some more hip hop flavor in them.thats really no offense to anyone,its just kinda crazy that a couple of these beats have been judged to be better than wax's joint-just my humble opinion.
juxt i tried to listen to your beat like 8 times and it wouldnt play...?i would've kept trying but i gotta get to school and i wantd to get my vote in before the poll is closed.peace to all

Oh shit...! Are you for real man? It's all cool with me... I think people nowadays give their vote to the most effort 'cause all beats are really dope and you have to pick some kinda argument in the end. It's def allright with me but THANX for the vote man. I picked the last 3 samples so it's cool somebody else is doing that shit now and I also think if IIIII wins he deserves it maybe more than anybody cause he's always droppin fat shit and never won somehow. Please respect everybodys choice. Question of taste you know... If YOU like it it's cool and really means a lot. Was the first time I tried to compete with pure hiphop stuff and the result just affirmed that I got to learn more about dat "real hiphop" stuff which was my aim during the last weeks. My previous comments are just sarcastic, I was mad high so sorry and for real I stand behind my track 8) not the BEST :wink: but I like it. Wanna keep this competion friendly and constructive. It's just interesting to see how this place changed from 2bar loops to mad complex compositions. Voting is hard as hell in these days...

Next time I'll come up with less comments and more music.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:49 pm 

im not trying to be unfriendly or unconstructive man,like i said,its no offense to anyone.i personally just wish there was some more hip hop heads in the battles-it would be more fun and constructive for me on a personal level...and i appreciate work put into a beat,obviously...but a lot of work and effects/sample manipulation doesnt neccesarrily always equal an ill beat.dont get me wrong though,theres a lot of nice stuff in this battle,as always-i just thought yours was the best.1

www.myspace.com/druphit

www.myspace.com/beird

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:55 pm 

the anonomys vote that just popped up was not me votiing for myself.i swear!lol

www.myspace.com/druphit

www.myspace.com/beird

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:02 pm 
Awesome Member

:lol:

No, it was me... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:09 pm 

adru wrote:
...and as much as i like and respect a lot of kids on this board,these battles need some more hip hop flavor in them.thats really no offense to anyone,its just kinda crazy that a couple of these beats have been judged to be better than wax's joint-just my humble opinion...

I don't think people base their voting on what genre they feel a beat fits into (it would be weak if they did)... and I also think a lot of these beats are hip hop beats... the majority of what was put up anyway. It's a broad genre, and just because people aren't trying to come with some Pete Rock/Primo styles doesn't mean they're not laying down a hip hop track.

If more cats on these boards would get into the battles, I'm sure there would also be an increase in "hip hop flavor"...

At the same time, I gotta shout out the new people joining in on this battle... DK Axis and JayLost, cause they definitely spiced up the mix.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:23 pm 

i think all of these beats could be _loosely_ classified as hip-hop...i mean, we've had much more eclectic styles in past battles (hard trance from 606man, drum and bass from Holmes, etc) and i really dig IIIII's electronica-influence.

if anything, there's probably too much focus on 'hip-hop', but that's because the majority of us (myself well and truly included) are long-term rap fans. i guess people will make their beats depending on what they feel like crafting, and what they can get from the samples.

anyway it's all for fun, and i had plenty this battle. bring on #27!
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:55 pm 

i think mine is pretty hip hop...i could totally drop a freestyle over my track. i just try to make it sound good

and if i win im gona be stoked bitches :P :P :P :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:54 am 

i like that down-tempo, fat jon/nujabes almost electronic style. Keeps it interesting without an emcee. Gives shine to the producer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:58 am 
555 Award Winner '09

i hope your not talking bout my noob beat lol i thought it was kinda noobish but was aimed at hiphop ive been down for the cause sinse the breakdancing days haha real talk!
brings back some good memories of break offs lol man fun times hey smoke one to these memories -_-
slick rick - memories.mp3 - 3.75MB
epmd - strictly business - its my thing.mp3 - 5.27MB
epmd - strictly business - 08 - get off the bandwagon.mp3 - 4.06MB

Last edited by JayLost on Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:00 am 

ha.. reminds me of the cali days in my youth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:28 am 

looks like cats are taking what i said as some kind of dis-and for some odd reason thinking i implied there was no hip hop beats in this battle,or assuming i was talking about theirs...theres nothing mean spirited about what i said in the least,or disrespectful-just a simple wish that there was some MORE straight hip hop beats in the battles...and being pretty confused about how i could be the only one that voted the way i did.if you want my complete opinion-i respect a lot of experimental hip hop,listen to a little,and despise a huge chunk of it.and i also think elcetronic dance stuff is the worst music to ever exist,barring nazi speed metal and toby keith.
i guess its probably necessary to add that i'm not saying most of the beats in the batlles are electronic dance music....i'm just saying.i'm not questioning anyones love for hip hop...if people on the board didnt get into the same kind of shit as me i would've never one a single battle.

www.myspace.com/druphit

www.myspace.com/beird

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:34 am 

Just sit back and enjoy the show, man. If you can't stand something, skip past it :) People are going to make whatever they feel like at the time, and I reckon that's the best way to be making music.

Also something to note... while listening to a genre you usually hate, some quality of it might strike you in a way you don't expect, you never know! You might end up interpreting that idea and incorporating it into your own work, and broadening your horizons that little bit more...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:13 am 
555 Award Winner '09

mattb wrote:
Just sit back and enjoy the show, man. If you can't stand something, skip past it :) People are going to make whatever they feel like at the time, and I reckon that's the best way to be making music.

Also something to note... while listening to a genre you usually hate, some quality of it might strike you in a way you don't expect, you never know! You might end up interpreting that idea and incorporating it into your own work, and broadening your horizons that little bit more...

word!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:25 pm 

this is the last i add to this-once again,i'm not categorizing the majority of stuff on here as dance music.experimental,yea-but i "enjoy the show"every single time,these battles are fun,and a good way to learn,which is why i do them.i've learned a crazy ammount of shit from people on here.of course we're gonna make what we feel like at the time,thats how music is created.my comments in the last post were simply a reply to the 4 or 5 people that for some reason took what i said personally,so i had to clarify.and all i basically said was i wish there was more traditional hip hop beats in the battles.thats what i love-and shouldnt offend anyone in the least.i was really just saying it would be dope if people like frantic,detail,and a few others that post on the music board got into some more battles-it would make it a lot more interesting.and that doesnt mean cats just "trying to do some pete rock or preem shit", :roll:
and i in no way thought i should even have a chance to win this-actually,i never even care if i win-its just the whole concept of these battles that i enjoy.so thats not what its about.its really not that serious though---at all.---word.

www.myspace.com/druphit

www.myspace.com/beird

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next