It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:47 am

Post subject: Re: !!Special Edition SPBB!!: What's First, Drums or Samples
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:56 am 

Whatever u guys agree on is fine.

SOUNDCLOUD

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:44 am 

I think this is fkn hilarious :D
I mean, if it was anyone else I'd understand the problem, but one of the things that started this beef in the first place is Zendan ranting in my thread, the most recent SPBB, how it's 'clearly SP only in the rules'
And now suddenly...
Not trying to start yet another argument, let's be clear on that - just find this amusing. :)

I don't care man, use whatever you want to. If I was nit-picking, I'd say
it could be regarded as an external compression to an extent - but, that's the thing -
It never was ME who was harrasin' others about the rules, and breaking them.
It's cool, you can bounce it.
I'm going for SP 404sx only, maybe gonna bounce something to my friends' 404A, but so far there's no need to.
Also I'm not going to use any plug in EQ on the final mix, just a slight compression

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:03 am 

How about to be fair, you both use the rules that Zendan had already posted. As he was very clear about the rules previously, there is no reason why the same rules should not be honored.

zendan wrote:

here's the rules, dumb fuck

"SP-Battles

Ok, now that the voting is over here's what I have for rules. If anyone has any serious problems with these just leave a comment. You could PM me but if we're gonna make changes I'd prefer for everyone to be able to follow the logic. Anyway here we go...

1. All SPs only SPs. all chops, all sequencing. External mastering (E.Q., compression) is ok but don't rearrange anything. The exception to this is if any of the SPs have a useable time stretch feature that is disallowed to be fair to the ones that don't have it.

2. Winner of previous battle either picks / posts sample/s or designates someone else to. They may either post one sample / song as source material or a sample plus a breakbeat.

3. Only use elements posted for the battle. No extra drums from your library, etc. Anything left in your machine after you initialize the memory is fine.

4. Contest runs for one week. Voting runs for three days. Vote for somebody else, and explain your logic.

5. Remember to always include your name in the filename - it will make things easier :)

6. try not to upload your beats to those shitty zshare's and servers with waiting time - upload it for example here: box.net
(If you use SoundCloud, make sure your file is downloadable)

If you have any further questions - just ask them moderators!

Well that's it. These rules take effect for battle number six and on. Now get to work!"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:10 am 

Crane wrote:
How about to be fair, you both use the rules that Zendan had already posted. As he was very clear about the rules previously, there is no reason why the same rules should not be honored.

zendan wrote:

here's the rules, dumb fuck

"SP-Battles

Ok, now that the voting is over here's what I have for rules. If anyone has any serious problems with these just leave a comment. You could PM me but if we're gonna make changes I'd prefer for everyone to be able to follow the logic. Anyway here we go...

1. All SPs only SPs. all chops, all sequencing. External mastering (E.Q., compression) is ok but don't rearrange anything. The exception to this is if any of the SPs have a useable time stretch feature that is disallowed to be fair to the ones that don't have it.

2. Winner of previous battle either picks / posts sample/s or designates someone else to. They may either post one sample / song as source material or a sample plus a breakbeat.

3. Only use elements posted for the battle. No extra drums from your library, etc. Anything left in your machine after you initialize the memory is fine.

4. Contest runs for one week. Voting runs for three days. Vote for somebody else, and explain your logic.

5. Remember to always include your name in the filename - it will make things easier :)

6. try not to upload your beats to those shitty zshare's and servers with waiting time - upload it for example here: box.net
(If you use SoundCloud, make sure your file is downloadable)

If you have any further questions - just ask them moderators!

Well that's it. These rules take effect for battle number six and on. Now get to work!"

uh yea i still can't remember where i found that shit^^^^
also it still doesn't address whether bouncing is allowed or not in those rules^
so what's up am i doing my shit like i always do, old school style, or am i not allowed to bounce?

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:15 am 

LoopmantrA wrote:
I think this is fkn hilarious :D
I mean, if it was anyone else I'd understand the problem, but one of the things that started this beef in the first place is Zendan ranting in my thread, the most recent SPBB, how it's 'clearly SP only in the rules'
And now suddenly...
Not trying to start yet another argument, let's be clear on that - just find this amusing. :)

I don't care man, use whatever you want to. If I was nit-picking, I'd say
it could be regarded as an external compression to an extent - but, that's the thing -
It's cool, you can bounce it.
I'm going for SP 404sx only, maybe gonna bounce something to my friends' 404A, but so far there's no need to.
Also I'm not going to use any plug in EQ on the final mix, just a slight compression

still talking about shit that never happened
what a fucking weirdo
if you're going to be a little bitch about it, i'll bounce off a different SP
your choice. tell me what to do bitch

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:14 am 

Ofc it didn't happen, this was some other cum stain, not you :
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=26435

Like I said Zendan, do whatever the fuck you feel like.
I really don't care.
Just find it amusing that you're bitchin about the rules, which is something you did the very first time you entered the arena (calling out Bliggedi for using DAW), and suddenly you don't know the rules or "can't find them" lol
Yeah, right :D

And try to focus on what's written. I'm not being a bitch about it. Here, I'm telling you for the fourth time : I DON'T FKN CARE, I will still use only SP, you do whatever you want to.

If I was you, and nit-picking - I'd say since I don't have proper pitch / time stretch, compared to 303 that is, you ought to disable that shit.
It's right there in the rules.

But again, I'm not you.
Do whatever you want to

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:46 am 

LoopmantrA wrote:
If I was you, and nit-picking - I'd say since I don't have proper pitch / time stretch, compared to 303 that is, you ought to disable that shit.
It's right there in the rules.

lmao, what? what sp are you using?

lmfao you just said:

LoopmantrA wrote:

404sx has a better time stretch and the same if not better pitch than 303
i don't use the garbage pitch on them so idk how they compare

you really are clueless man

IIIII wrote:

Last edited by zindan on Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:47 am 

LoopmantrA wrote:

and i was referring to this
shit that never happened

i've asked about rules before

and once i voted for myself openly, was informed it was against the rules, and subsequently deleted my song and disqualified myself

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:36 am 

And I was referring to the fact that you ranted on my thread about SPBB being SP only, and how "It's right there in the rules" and at the same time you ask for bouncing, claiming that it's something people been doing from day one, as well as using FL without even mentioning it in the battle you submitted to.
Oh, and how suddenly you can't find the rules.

As for time stretching on 303 VS 404 I was just making an example - be it a wrong one, I never owned 303 and I seem to remember reading how pitch works better on it compared to 404, and I could be wrong, as in could be something else entirely - but the point remains the same :

You're so keen on blindly following the rules, but you don't even know what rules are people in the arena following.
We made a nice playground, sharing and having a good time, and then a dick swab like yourself walks over and starts bitchin'.

It's not that you voted for yourself. And you certainly didn't do it "openly" -
You got called out for it. It's not even that you believe there's nothing wrong with that (I mean, HOW FKN RETARDED ARE YOU to think voting for yourself is OK - ethically and everything else) , you claimed it's not in the rules (though it kinda is - plus if you think it really needs to be mentioned in the rules.... *slow clap*) - so IT'S NOT JUST THAT.
You keep omitting to mention that you asked your friends to vote, some of whom never even show their face around here, and YOU USED ONE OF YOUR ACCOUNTS TO VOTE FOR YOURSELF.
And on top of it, you gave us all a fkn diharea with your childish antics.

You're the cancer of this forum, and probably the most disgusting piece of shit I've ever had the displeasure of interacting with.

I'm gonna take a moment, and say it yet again - not to you, but to the SP community :

I don't care if I win, I don't think it proves that I'm better (or worse in case of losing) - but I have a 50% chance getting rid of ZenCum for one year, and that's all I'm interested in. Because I strongly believe that the forum WILL benefit from it, no more drama, no more these ridiculous posts going on and on, because he always has to have a last say.
None of that shit.

ZenCum, go fuck yourself with a steel pipe and crawl somewhere and die, you cockroach

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:25 pm 

bruh i already told you i used fl on open mic nite
stg you're the dumbest motherfucker i've ever wasted time talking to

how was i not open about voting for myself if as soon as i did it, i stated that i did in my reply to the thread? and where is it stated in the rules that your friends can't vote for you? i voted for myself once. then disqualified myself when people let me know it's against the rules. you can keep talking fake shit tho idc

you keep saying the same ass false shit over and over, it's so fucking stupid

you're dumb as shit fool

and you're thinking about the sp202, the only sp with true pitch

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:18 pm 

You're truly retarded :D so if you used FL in the arena already, why the fuck did you rant over my post, about "SPBB being SP only", and that my open battle is against the rules LMAO like, tons of open battles with outside instruments and groove boxes allowed already happened.
Or is it simply the fact that you're a disgusting drama queen that can't stand NOT to be a centre of attention hah. Schmuck.
Btw it's common decency to mention if you're using outside sequencers, or DAW - but, hell, I guess it's kinda expecting too much of you.

I'm done, ZenCum. Both with this ridiculous arguing, and with my beats for this battle.
In that other thread I deliberately trolled you, and would continue still, as long as it takes. But here there's no real need to. You accepted the challenge, and that's fair enough - let's hope you will keep to your word in case of losing, I definitely will.

Gonna send to Bazz the day after tomorrow probably, since I gotta busy day ahead - so if you are done as well, let's speed things up, shall we?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:24 am 

bruh i only said that cus i've been waiting for a fucking good spbb forever and i got bummed cus i was excited to participate in yours until i found out it wasn't sp only. i only made an fl beat cus it was open mic nite, anything goes. that's like a special occasion thing. if all the spbb's on here ignored the rules it would be lame af. i'm glad you beefed with me and started this good battle

anyway, nah, i haven't started yet.

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:00 am 

when's the deadline? the 18th?
i've been going through and dealing with a lot of shit. been really busy. idk if i'll be able to make the deadline. maybe get a little extension? or if it disqualifies me i'll take that and leave the forum. but hopefully i'll be able to get time to make the beat.

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:59 pm 

zendan wrote:
when's the deadline? the 18th?
i've been going through and dealing with a lot of shit. been really busy. idk if i'll be able to make the deadline. maybe get a little extension? or if it disqualifies me i'll take that and leave the forum. but hopefully i'll be able to get time to make the beat.

Yo zendan… how goes it? Tomorrow at mid-night PST will be the end of the initial week, and the regular term of the battle. I think we could grant a 3-day extension to give you through the weekend if need be, but Loopmantra would need to approve the additional time.

SOUNDCLOUD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:44 pm 

ghost bazz wrote:
Loopmantra would need to approve the additional time.

i'm fine with monday, it's all cool