It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:22 am

Post subject: Re: Mixtape Marathon & Half Marathon
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:38 pm 

Half Marathon - A little about the mix is in the description.....happy with how a lot of the beats came out, but it def lacks when it comes to transitions due to not finishing it... I learned a lot from doin this tho, really happy you put this on Ghost Bazz! This is my first mix..... all because of you :P

https://soundcloud.com/user-255622253/s ... inyl-stack

Edit - Doin Soundcloud instead......it seems to be better for a mix (longer audio). As far as I could tell you can't move around or skip ahead in the mix with Bandcamp (at least not on my tablet).

Last edited by Sharris on Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:53 pm 

Congrats! Glad u made it to the finish line! U got some nice boom bap goin on in ur mix. I like it.

These sound awesome. Love the variety. Nice being able to vibe out w each persons’ style for a whole unified mix!

@Flying Thunder - Great entry. Loving the extended dialogue throughout. Makes for some funky lofi audio cinema.

Can everyone who hasn’t already done so post a pic of their source material stack. This isn’t for any rule enforcement shit but rather just to b able to understand how stuff was flipped and to get a feel for the sonic palette that went into each of these. I’m gonna update mine, as I changed it a bit from my initial group.

Today is the last day for any stragglers to get on the bus. I’ll post these tonight! Should we do separate polls for whole & half or just post em all in one list and pick our favorites? I’m leaning toward one list. I don’t really see this as a fierce competition but more as a field of winners! If everyone is cool with it we can do 1 list and review all the mixes w a vote going to the fav.

I’m not sure if anyone did the full...? I went half. Lif, u might b the only full marathon entry. Think the biggest factors where at least 15 mins... no outside sounds used in the beat, even drums from the source material... only SP’s plus computer for final compression/eq. Additional vocal samples were allowed for both.

SOUNDCLOUD

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:37 am 

Ghost Bazz wrote:
@Flying Thunder - Great entry. Loving the extended dialogue throughout. Makes for some funky lofi audio cinema.

Thank you for the feedback and setting this up! @Ghostbazz
Checked out all the mixes, dope music all around.

Here's the records I used:
Vels =$2
Beans, Touch & Velocity of Love = $1 = $3 total
Bloopers, was a surprise find filled with spoken word. 8)

Look forward to doing this again with y'all!