It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:19 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who's yo daddy?
Poll ended at Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:51 am
Count Sierackula  21%  21%  [ 3 ]
PlexxSounds  0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Elhau  0%  0%  [ 0 ]
adru  14%  14%  [ 2 ]
Wax Inspektor  36%  36%  [ 5 ]
juxt  29%  29%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 14
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:53 pm 
Awesome Member

Can I vote or is somebody still at work?

Whut about sum feedback? :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:54 pm 

yea i was just confused,because for 1-i've been told that for the most part the deadline is at the discretion of the previous winner,barring some outrageously long time limit-this also would have been the first battle i've seen end in 7 days,& i'm pretty sure the last battle had 2 weeknds ,plus most of the next week(or the one before?)and thats kinda what i was going by-i had also took into consideration that last weekend was a holiday,and a lot of people were probably with their families.anyway,its obviously not a huge deal,but it was a little disturbing to work on a beat all night for 8 hours and see that someone had already put the poll up.but its all biscuits

www.myspace.com/druphit

www.myspace.com/adruthemisphit

www.myspace.com/beird

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:57 pm 

shit wax,your beat is really dope,& sounds great all the way around..espescially considering that fact its not completed.my vote would definitely go to you at this point,im gonna wait it out one more day though

www.myspace.com/druphit

www.myspace.com/beird

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:05 pm 
303 Award Winner '09

My bad adru I'd just like to get these battles rollin', as you stated the more recent battles have been taking way to long. Sometimes people can't get in 'cause of the timing in the schedule that week, but if we get the battles moving quicker than we all will have more opportunity to see more samples posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:54 pm 

Wax Inspektor wrote:
Can I vote or is somebody still at work?

Whut about sum feedback? :oops:

...still at work. waiting for my weekend to start... :cry:

I bumped your track at lunch tho homie... some of that deutschland chronic fo sho! Good to have you back in the battle! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:56 pm 
404 Award Winner '09 + Beat of the Year '09 + Tape of the Year '09

crazy battle. I dont know if i should vote yet. All the tracks so far have been sick- this is one of the best ones yet.

count- insane beat. I like the panning. the sound effect on that switch up about a minute into the beat was crazy.

plexx- nice chops and bassline. it has good rhythm to it.

Elhau- good shit, just a basic solid beat. some ill switch ups in there.

you allready know I'm feelin that beat adru with the feedback in the other thread.

wax- sick shit bro, those vocal chops were nasty and that one distorted vocal was crazy.

http://www.myspace.com/juxtkid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:25 am 
303 Award Winner '09

As for the time thing on battles, I'll go with whatever Juxt says since he has final word over me as a mod. I was tryin' to run things on a schedule like the rules suggest, but as everyone can tell I'm all over the place at times so I'm open to more time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:53 am 

If it is up to me I say keep it like it is. I havnt been keeping track of how long the battles have been recently, but if they took too long we should try cutting down. I think a week is a pretty good amount of time, if people need more time give it only a couple more days, maximum. It would have its advantages like doc said to keep the battles at one week and one week only -but a lot of times we get a lot of entries last minute. Those couple extra days can make a big difference

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:59 am 
303 Award Winner '09

So, we can extend battles for a few days if needed but send a pm to both me and Juxt in such a case. Maybe we should start the next battle on Monday so that when we set the week deadline than all we have to remember is to finish the beat by the sunday night or monday morning so that we can vote or just wait for the next battle and K.I.M. :D
Does this sound agreeable to people?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:30 am 
Awesome Member

gotta give this one to juxt mainly for da drums bein so uptempo n da melody bein so downtempo love da mixture homie. don't even know if dat was intended but ne ways big up to everybody as always doin there thing. adru, wax, n count were all killin it. my b for leavin names out n shit

edit:big ups to el n plexx:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:48 pm 

i'm going with wax,again,just an ill flip all the way around..count and juxt are right up there with him as well..& once again everybody came with some solid tracks...dope battle-would've been cool to se a few more entries though

www.myspace.com/druphit

www.myspace.com/beird

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:19 pm 

Thanks for the vote Plexx. I was really feelin your joint too. diggin the laid back vibe... some nice bit crashing... and also the dubbed out & delayed finish. There was definitely a dub vibe to the sample and it was cool to hear someone bring that out.

Elhau - nice track. some good chops in there... I like the tempo changes too. gives the track a whole nother dimension.

adru - another dope beat from you man. I like what you did with the vocals. also feeling the snare treatment.

Wax - this track has a real epic vibe to it. slick transitions... the vocal treatment is fresh as hell. great track... finished or not.

juxt - real nice man. I like the sustained tones... actually, sounds like a sustained tone underneath a repeated piano... whatever it is, it came out nice.

In the end I voted for Wax, but it was another great round. Mad fun! Good sample... good beats... all the usual dopeness of the arena! Big ups to everyone who got in on the action! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:25 pm 

tuff vote but I chose wax

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:16 pm 

Thanks for all your feedback guyz. I agree with juxt, it was tough battle ;p
And what do I think about your beats? Lemme think...

Count - I dont like the thing that started at 0:15 and ended at ~0:30 ;p But the rest is ok, I like your sample choice and way how you put them together.

Plexx- I like the slow tempo of your track :) But later flippin with those samples are bit "reapiting" for me. Too much "sweet content" as for me.

elhau - damn, wtf were you thinking? That ain't no sandbox game!

adru - I liek the "dirtiness" of this track :) And a lot of various samples in it. But nothing really innovative.

wax - hmm, I'm not really accustomed to say so, but as far as I'm concerned, hmm, you "killed it" ( Thats how you say it ? :) )

juxt - sometimes a bit monotonous, but a lot of thos lalalala which I like, and also variety of samples, so overall - very good.

my vote goes to wax

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:11 am 
Awesome Member

:shock: I'm in the pole...?! Noice!!!
Thanx for voting for me; feels damn good to be back!

I'll go with juxt!

(Sorry guys but I got no time for a detailed critic. I guess the poll will be closed today and I just wanted to drop my vote quickly...)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next