It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:37 am

Post subject: The Bells Of Death Remix Request
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:15 am 

This is not a request for a battle, just a request for skillz.

Complete!!

thanks

Last edited by Crane on Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: The Bells Of Death Remix Request
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:34 am 

Removed Video

Last edited by Crane on Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:53 am 

I'll try bumping this one more time to see if there are any takers.

This thread here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=25441
started by zendanisdead goes in to a pretty heavy conversation about depression and pulling through it.

Sharris you talk about your dressions and how you turned hard to drugs, before building up your positivity.

Hungryman you talk about your conflictions and the path you chose.

andy, fuck you are super into getting people to try doing pottery yo!

Seriously, andy, Soul Choppa and Ill Green, from your advise you have obviously felt the pain in the past. And zendanisdead you're feeling it now.

So was the kid above, he just let the pain get to real for him.

I understand that this is not the choicest material to use samplewise, but fuck we just had a resample challenge with cactus sounds. Chop it up, screw it, add some drums, sing a song, bust a rap, write a poem. Let the kids dream live on, or let some other youngblood know that this isn't the answer to your problems.

Don't worry, this is my last request and if there are no takers will let this post fall in to the black hole of the forum

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:44 pm 

I don't want to be one of the assholes that read this and didn't say anything.

Props to you Crane, for taking up this idea. It's very heavy and I'm sure that's why no one has commented. I'd like to contribute, but I have too many projects going at the moment, and have got myself into a financial jam. I might have to put music on the back burner for a couple weeks.

I'm not sure what your time frame is on this, but I might be able to contribute later this month. Although, I'm not really to sure how to go about this in a thoughtful way, considering I didn't know the person.

Could you elaborate on this idea some more? I mean, your idea of this being a completed remix project. Is there anything else that you could tell us about the kid? Did you know him personally? I'll check out his music again tonight.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:54 pm 

Hi Hungryman,
Thanks for your interest.

A few answers. I did not know the guy personally, nor am I close with his mom. She is just a lady that I work with, that I believe was heavily affected by her sons death (and in a bad way).
When she gave me the music many many months ago and implied that I use it for something. I intended on sampling some bits adding drums and whatnot and making a few scratch (turntablist) songs for her.
Then I got the idea of how cool it would be for her to have a full 10 or so songs made by a group of people all using her sons music and I posted up here.
I keep meaning to get a song or two done because I feel like it's just something she needs.

Perhaps people are overthinking this. I was just hoping some of the people here would be able to jump in and make some beats using the link above like any battle, or if they had something to say, or something to express to use their created beats as an outlet, maybe lay a rhyme, or poem. It doesn't need to be thoughtful or heartwarming, about life or death, just a new creation out of the sounds and music above. she is not going to critic the beats.
I just wanted to give her something that says "hey look what all these artist were able to do with your kids music" and let her see that his music inspired another and created some sort of connection. Let her see that her son is relevant.

I have no time frame, and I sure as hell am not going to get it done anytime soon, so if you want to throw something up in a few weeks it would be appreciated. I will try to start working on something this weekend.

So again, if people want to use this as an outlet, to say a rhyme or poem they wouldn't usually put down, or just make a dope beat without a message. It doesn't need to speak to this lady, incorporating the music in the link into your creation is what is going to speak to her, which is really all that I'm asking for. Raps with cuss words, etc is not going to offend her.

So again, no need to overthink this, just like any of the beat battles the link with the material to be sampled is above. Again not the choicest material but, with a sampler, effects, drum machine, snyth etc, I'm pretty sure some dope shit could be made.

Hungryman, Even if you don't get around to making anything thanks for at least acknowledging the request.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:07 am 

Yo! Sorry to have left you hanging Crane.

I love the concept of doing this. It's thoughtful and compassionate, and in a situation where one person has lost their life and their mother is left with the indescribable pain of losing a child, you are trying to help... and I want to help to. Lots of people are hurting, as mentioned above and on other conversations on the boards. It's a crazy time in the world and society. I think suicide support and prevention is a tremendous cause to get behind. Depression is universal, and its so fuckin heavy. I can relate to a lot of the stuff I've seen on here. The pit of darkness can be so deep.

As to the specifics of making a beat from the material provided above, it's just too much for me to handle on an emotional level. I watched the vid, and listened to the music with every intent of putting something together, but it just took me too far out of my comfort zone. Sorry man. I started thinking about the specifics of this kids situation, and the situation as a whole... and it just shook me up too much to listen to the music over and over. I can't lie, it felt a little creepy and put my head in a weird place.

What if this was used as a jumping off point for a beat tape with a theme of support and compassion? It could be tied in with a greater suicide prevention charity, or stand alone. I think an open call for entries with that purpose would probably get a lot of support. Sorry if this is sidetracking your thread or intentions toward helping the mother of this kid. I think passing along that her son's story has inspired a project of outreach and support, could have the same uplifting effect as actually making beats from his music?

This is a great idea! I think the impact of what you have in mind would be much greater if we could execute it on a larger level.

SOUNDCLOUD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:21 pm 

Kind idea, I will see if I can get something together..

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:45 pm 

Yeah, I was definitely overthinking this. Count me in. I'll try to approach some of the harder-to-sample material and turn it into a Tech House track. Then I'll make something else in another style. I'll leave the hip hop piano stuff at the end for someone else that might find it easier to work with. So count me in for at least 2 tracks. I'll aim to have something for you by the 1st week of April. I'm down to collaborate on some artwork for this also.

Ghost Bazz has a good idea too. I'm willing to help with this as well.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:08 pm 

drmnaga78 & Hungryman you guys both make awesome tracks so your help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Hungryman if you come up with some artwork that would be great.

Ghost Bazz, I understand if you don't want to put anything down on this, but hopefully you can just think of it as a normal beat battle and come up with a little something. With you three on there it would already be a great EP for her.
As we discussed before, concerning more of an "awareness" type of album. I would be down to do something separate, but I think on this I just want it to be more about this kid and his music. I don't want to make him a poster child for suicide.
Plus a separate project would open the doors more to using our own samples and instruments creating more of a diverse arrangement of tracks.

I had a little track going last weekend but it really sounded like shit so I had to hit the delete. I'll start afresh this weekend.

Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:32 pm 

Hi Crane,

I am going away for a week so thought I would get this done this afternoon. Hope it is not too dark for a Mum who has just tragically lost her son :( And I hope you can do something with it.

https://soundcloud.com/duncan-maybury-1/the-underside

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:25 pm 

Way to lead the charge. I’ll try to get something done tonight.

SOUNDCLOUD

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:16 pm 

drmnaga78 wrote:
Hi Crane,
I am going away for a week so thought I would get this done this afternoon. Hope it is not too dark for a Mum who has just tragically lost her son :( And I hope you can do something with it.
https://soundcloud.com/duncan-maybury-1/the-underside

Nope, this is awesome. Thank you for getting a song done. All my ideas keep faltering, I need to come with a new game plan.

That's the "spirit" Bazz. I took down the video to make this less personal, in hindsight I probably should of named the thread a little better too. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:24 pm 

Oh yeah, I was going to ask about the name also, is this what you want to call it? Or was this what the kid called it? Just wondering about kicking some ideas around for some artwork.

Could you enable downloading for this on soundcloud? I forget what bit rate soundcloud streams audio at, but I know it's less than 320k mp3.

Gonna get started this weekend. I'm guessing anything goes? I mean this doesn't have to be a strictly SP thing?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:40 am 

Hey Hungryman,

Nope, the name of the post was just a poor decision on my part, which I'm sure has led in part to the non participation.
For the name I was thinking "Robby B Remixed" or something to that extent.

Not a strictly SP thing at all, use any gear that helps your workflow.

As for soundcloud, everything I used to put up included a download button, then I didn't use it for years and I thought they took away that feature. If there is a download option, please use it or the file could be emailed to me for the CD, if not I'll just have to record them from soundcloud. Either way works.

Thanks again.

Last edited by Crane on Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:54 am 

HUNGRYMAN wrote:
Could you enable downloading for this on soundcloud? I forget what bit rate soundcloud streams audio at, but I know it's less than 320k mp3.

Nevermind above. It is now enabled for downloading and I learned something new. Thanks.